How is the Hong Kong battery working for you, is it the 1600mAh? I see you said crappy, my Hong Kong battery is fine works as well as the Seidio. As a matter of fact, Seidio batteries are Japanese cells assembled in Taiwan; they are probably the same thing.

I just really like the Splinter Cell story line almost as much as the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.
    09-20-09 11:41 AM
    How is the Hong Kong battery working for you, is it the 1600mAh? I see you said crappy, my Hong Kong battery is fine works as well as the Seidio. As a matter of fact, Seidio batteries are Japanese cells assembled in Taiwan; they are probably the same thing.

I just really like the Splinter Cell story line almost as much as the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.
    the battery is fine, i just called it crappy. i've always had ebay batteries. never had an issue. i paid less than 7 for every battery i ever owned. i usually carry a spare around fully charged, but rarely ever need it.

the splinter cell series is cool, Mitch Rapp is new to me, Bourne is the man.
    09-20-09 02:08 PM
    When looking into buying any non-OEM stuff, I suggest you use Feedback Selector - Filter eBay feedbay by item name to help you decide. It's a filter for ebay feedback. First you look for the item you need, then copy the seller name and relevant keywords from the item title to feedback selector, and let it do it's job. Then you can sort of get "mini reviews" for that specific product.
    10-04-09 03:11 PM
    It seems like a good deal, but I would read in detail on the ebay post. It seems too good to be true. Amazon has a great deal on the DX-1 Battery for $18 sold through them which is guaranteed to be a real OEM product. Plus if somehow you weren't happy with the product you could always return it. You may not be able to do that with the ebay purchase depending on the seller. Here is the link :Amazon.com: Used and New: BlackBerry D-X1 Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9530 [Retail Packaging]
    10-04-09 04:31 PM
    I bought this one on eBay which is a non-OEM slim extended battery (1600mAh vs 1400mAh). I knew I was taking a chance with it being a non-OEM battery from Hong Kong, but I thought for $7.50, might as well give it a try. Well, I've been using it for over a month now and it performs better than the OEM battery. At the end of the day, I have roughly 5-10% more battery life. I'm almost positive these are the same batteries Seidio sells for $50, so I highly recommend you just go for the $7.50 one if you're looking for an extra battery. You won't regret it.
    I said it back in September, and I'll say it again. The $7.50 eBay battery is an incredible must-have deal.
    10-09-09 09:59 AM
    DELETED... sorry for hijacking
    Last edited by coopmike; 02-23-10 at 09:16 PM.
    02-23-10 08:45 PM
    BlackBerry D-X1 DX1 Standard Battery for Storm Thunder 9500 9530 Curve 8900 Tour 9630 - US $6.25 : sw-box.com

I use this one, non-OEM. But it's a little better than the original one. Don't know why. and the price is very cool.
    02-23-10 08:51 PM
    02-23-10 08:59 PM
    Let's talk a bit about overy cheap batteries and chargers from eBay - primarily those shipped directly from China.

Most of those batteries have a counterfeit BB label on them to make them look like the real thing. If the vendor has no qualms about stealing a copyright, what assurance do you have that you're getting a battery that won't damage your device?

The cheap battery charger most likely have no circuit to prevent overcharging - assuming that they actually produce the required charge in the first place.

Quality batteries cost more than a few dollars to produce. How can a vendor sell a battery for $7 which includes shipping, the cost of the battery and a profit for him?

Unfortunately, they can only do that if they sell an inferior product.

The old adage about "buy the seller, not the product" applies here as well as "if it is too good to be true..."

Why take a chance on buying a spare battery when we generally only buy a battery or two for the life of our phones? You can buy a spare from a reputable company in the US for under $20.
    02-24-10 09:22 AM
    If I were you, I would get the Seidio 2600 battery..I can go roughly 5 days without needing a charge under very heavy usage!
    I say BS. I think you must be a rep for seidio because if you are using your phone heavily there ain't no way you can get 5 days between charges. Its just not possible. I'm a heavy user with the standard battery. On really heavy days I will take my phone off its charger at 5am. It will last until 8am the next day. 5 days...thats just not possible.

If my phone is 1400, and I get 1.5 days...that would roughly equate to 3 days with a 2600....
    02-24-10 10:00 AM
    the pics dont do it justis though. I have one so I can speak about it. It does not add much bulk at all to the phone itself.. besides..I'm getting 5 days now out of it without charging it.

theres a bunch of pics in the accessory fourm on here with people who have this battery on there tour, those pictures are a lot better then the ones shown here.
    Will it still fit into an Otterbox Defender case with that battery and cover? It doesnt look like it would.
    02-24-10 10:09 AM
    I say BS. I think you must be a rep for seidio because if you are using your phone heavily there ain't no way you can get 5 days between charges. Its just not possible. I'm a heavy user with the standard battery. On really heavy days I will take my phone off its charger at 5am. It will last until 8am the next day. 5 days...thats just not possible.

If my phone is 1400, and I get 1.5 days...that would roughly equate to 3 days with a 2600....
    It is possible i am getting almost 3 days on the standard battery, i do that by having no apps running in the background including GPS and bluetooth so i can see 5 days easily out of that battery. Just cause you are not getting long life out of your regular battery do not assume no one can do better.
    02-24-10 10:12 AM
    well he said heavy use... thats what i get for assuming!

it wont fit in the otterbox case. you have to get the seidio extended battery fit case...
    02-24-10 10:22 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD