Well I have owned this Tour for 7 days now and the Tour is beginning to disappoint me. The trackball troubles have started, the screen ripples, the media playback stutters and I still can't type very well on the full kaypad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 03:37 PM
    Get it replaced I had a ripple and battery door issue with mine and the replacement fixed those problems.
    09-06-09 03:39 PM
    You're well within your 30 day window so simply have VZW exchange it for you. Out of curiosity, what's the build date of your current Tour?
    09-06-09 03:46 PM
    Yeh, I had those same issues, returned mine and got a "green dot". Still LOTS of the screen ripple thing, and I sorta got used to the keyboard.
    09-06-09 03:54 PM
    Yeh, I had those same issues, returned mine and got a "green dot". Still LOTS of the screen ripple thing, and I sorta got used to the keyboard.
    How do you know you got a "Green Dot" Tour? And what does it mean? Just out of curiosity!

09-06-09 07:40 PM
    take it back and get another, dont give up on the tour just yet. i know the keypad takes some getting used to. i still have not gotten used to it yet. but i love my tour. i believe everyone has ripple problems just dont push on the screen.
    09-06-09 07:52 PM
    take it back and get another, dont give up on the tour just yet. i know the keypad takes some getting used to. i still have not gotten used to it yet. but i love my tour. i believe everyone has ripple problems just dont push on the screen.
    Yea I know just don't push the screen **its not touch screen ppl lol** but yea I love the keyboard

09-06-09 08:43 PM
    How do you know you got a "Green Dot" Tour? And what does it mean? Just out of curiosity!

You will know you got a green dot tour because there is a massive green dot on the side of the box. Basically the first few releases of the tours had some problems. Rim fixed the issues and the new tours are shown with the green dot on the side of the box.

09-06-09 08:55 PM
    no problem with mine. i think the screen resolution is even or close to palm pre.
    09-06-09 10:18 PM
    no problem with mine. i think the screen resolution is even or close to palm pre.
    the tour has better screen resolution than the pre.....the Bold ,8900 and the Tour all have better resolution screens than the Pre
    09-06-09 10:24 PM
    so let me get this straight your tour worked for a week great and then one day you woke up and your phones started having problems? if that is the case that is what happened to me except mine lasted 2 weeks before problems started
    09-06-09 10:52 PM
    my first tour had a weird thing not sure if mentioned but when i used a shortcut key the screen turned blue and stayed that way until i pulled the battery, and the door was loose but that never bothered me cuz it was in a case, but now i have my second one and (knock on wood) its fine love the keyboard, yeah the screen does ripple but your gonna have that most types of screens will do that with that kind of technology, just think its smaller and your applying pressure its gonna do that on some, so that doesnt bother me.

stick with it, nothing is perfect and im sure with any gadget there are gonna be some with problems, i love my tour coming from a curve and would never give it up (well until the next greatest bb comes out minus the storm 2 no thanks) just return it! and hang in there!
    09-06-09 10:57 PM
    I got some big *** hands and fingers and I finally got used to the keyboard myself with the ocassional errors.

My screen ripples too but only if I push down too hard on the buttons near the screen!
    09-06-09 11:19 PM
    I really like the Tour, but to be entirely honest...I'm really debating going back to the Curve. I just honestly dont know if I find the Tour worth the money I spent on it.

I keep getting that stupid speaker blast which makes my music and ringtones sound like trash. The camera doesnt zoom in more than 2x, and im noticing that anytime I even zoom in a little...my pic is completely blurry. My battery life isn't wonderful and even though I'm on my 2nd tour, my tour keeps getting super hot (without any heavy usage).
    09-07-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD