I would suggest that people getting random reboots to upgrade/downgrade to .975. I guess I'm lucky cuz I got my Tour off ebay and it works pretty weell except the mute key doesn't click well but still works.

Hope your 6th one is a good one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 03:32 AM
    I would suggest that people getting random reboots to upgrade/downgrade to .975. I guess I'm lucky cuz I got my Tour off ebay and it works pretty weell except the mute key doesn't click well but still works.

Hope your 6th one is a good one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    so far so good man! cameras alot better on this unit aswell. Its funny, from having so many different tours, ive noticed the slight differences in all of them, from the changing of the hard trackball to a softer one, to a new type of keyboard that doesnt seem to have pain that wears of as bad (my 5th tour (and my current 6th) have it, its a different feel, and my 5th tour which i had for 3 months had no paint worn off on the keyboard after heavy use) to changing the top buttons to be more of a button, then a hard push (im talking to you my first 3 tours -_-)
    01-08-11 10:35 AM
    Well, I got my package to my home this morning. They upgraded me from the Tour to the 9650. I guess this might be one of the few times I come back to the 9630 section. (Hey, I'm not complaining. I do however will miss the trackball.)
    01-08-11 12:30 PM
    I went thru 3 Tour's before Verizon just sent me a refurb 9650. It's 10X better, for me at least. I kind of, and kind of dont, miss the trackball as compared to the track pad. the trackpad on the 9650 doesnt irritate the thumbs as much when clicking. WiFi was a seller for me!

Anyway, yes, I had a multitude of problems with my 9630. First one just shut down.....second kept freezing and so did the third. havent had a single issue with the Bold. Advice: upgrade!
    01-08-11 12:52 PM
    ya, if this one fails, i will really try and push for a bold. I don't think i should keep getting the same phone if they all fail on me.
    01-09-11 09:33 AM
    I am still on my first Tour after almost a year and a half. Guess I got one of the few good ones.
    01-12-11 09:45 AM
    I've been going through issues myself... however I havent seen anyone with the same issues... anyone seen the screen bubble up?

1st tour - 552 errors. unable to recover from bricked.
    2nd tour - screen bubble near the left convienience key
    3rd tour - same screen bubble near the left side.
    4th one - on its way.
    01-12-11 04:15 PM
    never had bubble problems but I have a update...

Turned this BB on today, nothing happened. did a battery pull, NOTHING. no light. called vzw, said they would send ANOTHER tour... I then explained how im on my 6th tour in 1 year.... got the rep to say "oh WOW!" then i got transferred to a awesome tech guy. Long story short, i went over it all again, and he said he could send a tour. i asked if theres anyway I could get a bold, and he just said "well sure!" so long story short, I have a replacement bold on the way to replace my BB Tour that's less then 1 month old. Good bye tour!!!!
    01-14-11 04:41 PM
    I've also gone through 6 Tours since the device came out. Trackball issues, not powering up on one occasion. However the problem that I had with the last 3 was a random reboot. Regardless of the OS I was running it would reboot. The "straw" that broke the camel's back was when a family member had emergency surgery on December 18. The surgeon had called us after surgery to inform us how the surgery went and the phone shut off, rebooted and would not restart without a battery pull. The next day went to VZW store, and then they sent me a Bold. No problems with the new phone, even able to run OS 6.
    01-15-11 06:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD