I must be going insane. I was sure that the Tour could open and view Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs with its included apps, but I SWEAR I remember trying to open a PDF file and the phone telling me something like "You are trying to download a file that cannot be opened on this device" or something like that. I thought one had to buy an app to view PDFs on the Tour.

So I was surprised when I was able to view a PDF file that I accidentally emailed myself today.

Did I just mess up and .40 had this ability the whole time, or does .61 come with a native PDF viewer while .40 didn't?
    11-23-09 09:32 AM
    whoops never mind, looks like I was being a ******. I've been trying to *download* PDF files and the only way the BB can natively view them is if you *open* the attachment, not save it to card then try to open it.

Those sneaky bastards.
    11-23-09 09:45 AM
    That's right!

One point to make: you can only open those (any) attachments for a limited time. I think it might be a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:43 AM
    That's right!

One point to make: you can only open those (any) attachments for a limited time. I think it might be a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean? Do the mobile office apps stop working after a while or are you referring to something else? I can still open documents on my Tour and I have had it for about two months.
    11-23-09 12:50 PM
    Are you sure about that? That would suck.
    11-23-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD