I will change my earlier response and this is why. I was having an awful awful time with 591 and the battery and memory were just being sucked away at such a fast rate. Last night I wiped my device and deleted the foursquare app that I have been trying out since I updated to 591. I noticed that even when I went back to 571 and 484 that the battery and memory drain were still VERY noticeable. I also removed a theme that I was trying out as well. Once I wiped the device with BBSAK and then reinstalled .591 I have not had any problems with memory loss or battery drain. For those of you that still are having these problems, try wiping the device, and also looking in to any apps you have running that are still in a beta stage. Many times apps in beta stage will drain battery and eat memory like Ms. Pacman.

I hope this is helpful to some.

Also, before I installed .591 to my device, since I am on Sprint, I deleted the PTT files, the Gmail files, and all verizon related files.

I charged my phone all night, and started using it at 8 this morning and I have been using it steadily and right now my memory is 106242560, and my battery is still at 100%. That is the truth.

I am very happy that this worked out this way. Happy Easter to all those who are celebrating!
    04-04-10 10:48 AM
    i use my gmail tho?
    04-04-10 01:25 PM
    I have a clean install of .484 and it is rock solid...Absolutely zero issues and super fast and stable....I think alot of peoples problems are from third party apps....It's always easy to throw rocks at RIM instead of looking in the mirror...Just sayin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 01:35 PM
    Which is exactly why I said to check 3rd party apps, especially those that are still in the Beta stages. Many times they are just absolutely batter and memory killers.

I just really like the speed of .591 over the .484. With the adjustments I made, it works best for me. .484 is definitely a great build though, and with it, I didn't have to make any adjustments at all. I always take out files that I don't use though, to free up memory. Especially if they are carrier specific.
    04-04-10 01:39 PM
    Nasty, I know it's subjective, but how much faster is the .591 to you?
    04-04-10 04:03 PM
    Justme, I never wiped my phone before I upgraded to .484 from Sprint. When I upgraded it was a little laggy and a lot of times the phone would delay with a black screen when I would switch from thing to thing. With .591 it doesn't lag at all or give me a black screen ever. I am sure it is different for everyone, but I do know that from now on, I will ALWAYS wipe my phone before I install any new OS.
    04-04-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD