I have tinkered with .591 and it is currently on my Tour. I took out the verizon specific files, the gmail files, and the PTT files, and I have had a much more stable battery and memory every since. I don't know if it is better than .484 though. After reading all the praise on here for the .484 I am considering going back to it. Anyone think this is a good idea, and if so, should I wipe it before I downgrade or just go right from this .591 back to .484? Thoughts and suggestions please.
    Edit/Delete Message
    04-11-10 01:42 PM
    The only way to find out is to try it for yourself. Each device seems to react differently to different OSs. Some versions run crappy on my blackberry, but others give that version praise. Others will complain about one version, which I have found to run extremely well on my blackberry.

It is always preferred that you wipe the phone. If you don't, you may have some remnant files from the old OS that may cause unexpected issues.
    04-11-10 01:59 PM
    I've been thinking about doing this also. I've had .591 on my Tour since the VZW release. It's been good for the most part. I'm getting a little tired of the browser click issue though. So I'm thinking I might try .484. Would I need to downgrade to 4.7.1.61 first and then go to .484? And does this get all of .591 off my Tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 03:21 PM
    I just completely removed .591 from my computer and loaded .484 on. Shut off my internet connection on my computer. It told me that I have the newest version, but could downgraded to .484, but had to go to options first. It worked no problem.
    04-11-10 03:33 PM
    Unless you absolutely love and must have PTT, forget .591 b/c its crap, leaked or otherwise. The battery drain is ridiculous as well as just a crappy radio signal, it lags, and the radio file causes browser click issue....just not worth our time.

I feel like a broken record with this, but .484 is, by no great stretch of the truth, the best radio file for the 9630. Download .484, get a hybrid, there's tons floating around, make sure it includes some .604 and .607 files, especially for the browser, and you're good to go. the .607 browser with the .484 radio is the fastest I've ever seen, on a blackberry or otherwise.

Seriously, I've been one to alway complain about the bb browser, and I still will in terms of aesthetics, flash, etc....but in terms of sheer speed? This combo blows away any other device (not sure about those on wifi though)
    04-11-10 05:00 PM
    Unless you absolutely love and must have PTT, forget .591 b/c its crap, leaked or otherwise. The battery drain is ridiculous as well as just a crappy radio signal, it lags, and the radio file causes browser click issue....just not worth our time.

I feel like a broken record with this, but .484 is, by no great stretch of the truth, the best radio file for the 9630. Download .484, get a hybrid, there's tons floating around, make sure it includes some .604 and .607 files, especially for the browser, and you're good to go. the .607 browser with the .484 radio is the fastest I've ever seen, on a blackberry or otherwise.

Seriously, I've been one to alway complain about the bb browser, and I still will in terms of aesthetics, flash, etc....but in terms of sheer speed? This combo blows away any other device (not sure about those on wifi though)
    Which Hybrid do you recommend?
    04-11-10 08:44 PM
    Which Hybrid do you recommend?
    Driphter's v8.2 is a pretty solid hybrid. Highly recommended.

Alternative you can check dcom or bbhybrids, both sites are great for Tour hybrids IMO.
    04-11-10 09:00 PM
    Welcome back to the .484 nastyneil..lol..I'm glad I didn't upgrade

04-12-10 05:20 AM
    Yep. I second the motion for Driphter v8.2. It uses .419 as the base, which I loved for it's stabilty and speed, yet uses the .484 radio. An added benefit is that my reboot times are around 2 minutes 13 seconds.

And no browser click issue.

04-12-10 05:41 AM
    Here's a dumb question. Can you use PTT on Hybrids?
    04-12-10 01:59 PM
    Here's a dumb question. Can you use PTT on Hybrids?
    I know PTT is exclusive to the .591 radio, and I'm not positive, but it only really works on the official release opposed to the leak? Somebody tell me if I'm wrong.

From what I gather, a lot of hybrids under the .591 base somehow eliminate the use of PTT which means its not just about having the proper cods, but some other files too...idk

There are a few hybrids out there though which do allow the use of PTT by making sure they stick with the .591
    Check out 96x0 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    Last edited by griffin.ge; 04-12-10 at 04:20 PM. Reason: hybrids do allow for ptt
    04-12-10 04:01 PM
    Eh I only have the browser click. I don't feel like setting my phone up all the time like I want so I'll pass but thanks.
    04-12-10 05:40 PM
    Yep. I second the motion for Driphter v8.2. It uses .419 as the base, which I loved for it's stabilty and speed, yet uses the .484 radio. An added benefit is that my reboot times are around 2 minutes 13 seconds.

And no browser click issue.

How is battery life?
    04-12-10 07:25 PM
    How is battery life?
    So far, so good. I don't watch battery life as close as most do, and I don't run meterberry, so I can't monitor dph, but it seems great. I have no complaints.

Sorry, I know that's not quite what you were after

04-13-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD