I just saw a verizon commercial and it said that they were offering 50 dollars off blackberry's including the tour. Well a week ago i payed 200 after MIR for my tour, was that offer going on? Did i miss out on 50 bucks off?
    07-20-09 09:37 PM
    where did you see the commercial/ad? Link?
    07-20-09 09:39 PM
    I saw it too...talking to a vzw rep now. She says it might be for new customers only....we'll see.

Edit: New customers: Verizon Wireless
    Last edited by trimax84; 07-20-09 at 09:48 PM.
    07-20-09 09:45 PM
    I called Verizon. LOL they said its your new every two credit. Its not $50 off blackberry phones. Darn. I guess some of yall that got the $50 credit..its because you got a ****** rep.
    07-20-09 10:28 PM
    THAT IS TOTALLY BULLSNIT! I just got off the phone with VZW and I got the $50.00 credit. They need your order number and location number off your reciept if you bought it at a store since they cannot pull it up on their system. Only online orders come up unless they specify the order and location id numbers on the top of the reciept, right below the store address.

I called, talked to the guy. I just saw the commercial on TWC channel 44 at like 855pm MST. Told the guy, he checked it out and said, "Yep, I see the promotion. Let me pull up your order." I gave him the order and location ID that he wanted / needed, low and behold, about 3 minutes later, I have a credit on my bill for $50.00!

And I'm still good to go for the Mail-in-Rebate! And NO, it's NOT just for new lines. How do I know this... My BB comes up on a line that has been active for almost 8 years now!
    07-20-09 10:34 PM
    THAT IS TOTALLY BULLSNIT! I just got off the phone with VZW and I got the $50.00 credit. They need your order number and location number off your reciept if you bought it at a store since they cannot pull it up on their system. Only online orders come up unless they specify the order and location id numbers on the top of the reciept, right below the store address.

I called, talked to the guy. I just saw the commercial on TWC channel 44 at like 855pm MST. Told the guy, he checked it out and said, "Yep, I see the promotion. Let me pull up your order." I gave him the order and location ID that he wanted / needed, low and behold, about 3 minutes later, I have a credit on my bill for $50.00!

And I'm still good to go for the Mail-in-Rebate! And NO, it's NOT just for new lines. How do I know this... My BB comes up on a line that has been active for almost 8 years now!
    I think they're only giving it to people who dont have a NE2.
    07-20-09 10:37 PM
    I called Verizon. LOL they said its your new every two credit. Its not $50 off blackberry phones. Darn. I guess some of yall that got the $50 credit..its because you got a ****** rep.
    Just call back. The guy I got was hella helpful and he asked where I saw it. I told him, " I just saw it about 10 minutes ago on Time Warner Cable channel 44 in the El Paso channel line up. I heard $50.00 off any BlackBerry from VZW and specifically waited to hear "TOUR" mentioned. When I heard, 'Even the new BlackBerry Tour' I had to call and get it!"

So after, like I said above, about 5 minutes of giving him the location ID and order number, I got the credit to my bill. PLUS... I get the $70.00 MIR!
    07-20-09 10:38 PM
    I think they're only giving it to people who dont have a NE2.
    That's not correct. They can't specify that and like I said, the guy looked it up for me. He saw the promotion and he didn't say it was for people who don't have a NE2. I didn't have one and I got the credit. I'm telling you, try calling back and just talk to someone else. If they won't do it, talk to another rep.

Its worth trying in the hard economy to get every penny you can.
    07-20-09 10:40 PM
    I have to try this... I totally struck out on the $50 credit from Global Sales, even though many were able to get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:42 PM
    That's not correct. They can't specify that and like I said, the guy looked it up for me. He saw the promotion and he didn't say it was for people who don't have a NE2. I didn't have one and I got the credit. I'm telling you, try calling back and just talk to someone else. If they won't do it, talk to another rep.

Its worth trying in the hard economy to get every penny you can.
    One question? Do they leave notes on your account every time you call & ask for a promotion cause im gonna feel like an *** if the person says. 'Ma'am, we answered this 10 mins ago.'
    07-20-09 10:43 PM
    One question? Do they leave notes on your account every time you call & ask for a promotion cause im gonna feel like an *** if the person says. 'Ma'am, we answered this 10 mins ago.'
    All you have to tell them is that you just saw the commercial and they'll look it up in their current promotions, they'll see it there.
    07-20-09 10:56 PM
    im probably going to the store tomorrow to see what they can do. hopefully get 50 bucks back.
    07-20-09 10:59 PM
    Check vzw online promo "Be thrifty save fifty" on a blackberry. I got the 70 dollar promo discount plus 50 dollar be thrifty discount and new every two 50 discount. Used to buy a storm for 50 dollars. If I don't like will take back and wait for the perfect storm2.
    07-20-09 11:02 PM
    im probably going to the store tomorrow to see what they can do. hopefully get 50 bucks back.
    They won't give you $50.00 back, they'll credit your account. I'd be surprised if they give you $50.00 back in cash, or on your credit card / debit card.
    07-20-09 11:20 PM
    I got the $50 off from the VIP and $50 off from the Global promo, but **** I'm gonna call tomorrow and try to get another $50 off it says it right on their web site under the promo sectio.
    07-21-09 12:10 AM
    Check vzw online promo "Be thrifty save fifty" on a blackberry. I got the 70 dollar promo discount plus 50 dollar be thrifty discount and new every two 50 discount. Used to buy a storm for 50 dollars. If I don't like will take back and wait for the perfect storm2.
    I tried following that link and it did not offer any $50 off. I was back to the same offer of $199.00.
    07-21-09 08:22 AM
    I tried calling to get the $50 dollar credit the first rep first asked when I got the devices and I told her on the 12th then she said oh well you should be able to get the credit.. then she put me on hold and came back and said the promotion was only for NE2 customers only and I could only get the phone for 199.99. So I called back to talk to someone else and he told me that I wasn't eligible because I renewed my contract on 6/17 but returned my phone and replaced it with a tour on 7/12.... Anyone else renew before the 12th or a new customer and got the $50??
    07-21-09 08:40 AM
    Just got off the phone to inquire and was told that the $50 off is the new promotion in lieu of the $70 rebate. No double discount per the Verizon rep. Oh well.
    07-21-09 09:10 AM
    Damn.. someone call and get the credit applied and get the reps direct line
    07-21-09 09:17 AM
    I have yet to order my tour. Called regular Verizon CS and she said the Be Thrifty, Save Fifty was "just for new customers." It looks like I will be able to get the Global $50 discount though, awaiting a call back. Net price will be $50 after all is said and done, so hard to complain for sure, especially since they are moving up my NE2 by a month.
    07-21-09 02:10 PM
    Well I just got out of the store and the salesmen couldn't pull up anything on a 50$ promotion. So I guess ill give customer service a call and see what they say.
    07-21-09 03:28 PM
    I'm not sure how this happened but I called in for the $50 off any Blackberry. Explained how I saw the ad on TV, the website and received a flyer in the mail about it. She said she would check on it and come back to say no.

I said how about if you apply it to my bill, and she said she would check on it. Came back and said that she applied a $140 credit for my primary line's monthly bill. One month of service for free. I tried not to laugh and tried to keep talking normal.

So I bought my Tour for $269.99 less $50 VIP credit less $50 Global credit less one month of service at $140 less mail in rebate of $70.

VZW gave me a free Tour and $40. Plus I sold my old Curve. Not bad for upgrading to a new phone.
    Last edited by gblakeb; 07-21-09 at 04:49 PM.
    07-21-09 04:47 PM
    I just called CS and they gave me the 50 dollar credit also, guess now have to call global and see if I can get that credit and if I do then my total cost for my tour will be $6 for the taxes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:08 PM
    Just got off the phone to inquire and was told that the $50 off is the new promotion in lieu of the $70 rebate. No double discount per the Verizon rep. Oh well.
    Same here.............
    07-21-09 05:45 PM
    Yes, they sure do. I had a CS rep quote from my account when I called a few times about the Global credit. It was like, hey Sparky, how many times are you gonna call about the same exact thing?
    07-21-09 05:48 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD