So I upgraded to 5.0 just now and I hate it. Im sure there are those who think its great, but im sorry, I keep things a certian way on my BB an like them that way. Ive been having nothing but problems since I upgraded. My phone is randomly vibrating with no reason, led keeps flashing, the same tone plays for everything, my memory card is no longer found, and the sms bbm look a like, I honestly think thats the worst of it. All I know is I want things back the way they were before the upgrade. Im new to BB so im not to sure how to go about doing so. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Im with verizon. Previously had 4.7 Please, help, ASAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 01:47 PM
    You have issues. Sorry.
    04-03-10 01:48 PM
    was only looking for some help.

04-03-10 01:50 PM
    I have no idea about downgrading. I've been running the Spring official (.484 or something) for long time now. Couldn't even imagine going back to 4.7. Way too antiquated.
    04-03-10 01:52 PM
    A few people here swear to the older leaks (.419 or something). You should try that before going way back. 4.7 is garbage.

You might need to do some battery pulls or a maybe a reinstall possibly with a different method than you used (did you do it by air or via PC?).

I had some of those problems at the start but they disappated and my mem card is back. Blinking light could be something minor like a dialog open, a notification from a application that is buried beyond your home screen, eg: Myspace in Applications could be sending out a (spam) friend request lol.

If you backed up, the tones settings probably incorrectly reloaded. I did a wipe, installed 5.0, and restored everything and tone settings were the way they were with crap 4.7. The first time I installed 5.0 without a wipe, that wasn't the case. One tone did most.
    Wipe should ONLY be done with caution and everything all backed up.

Not sure what is causing the Mem card issue.

I wouldn't give up on 5.anything. So many possibilities and I can't imagine anyone going back to 4.7 unless they had a better/faster experience with it than my crappy experience with it (was ready not to recommend Tour to anyone, before I bailed 4.7).
    04-03-10 01:59 PM
    Im sure that I can get past the glitches and figure out whats going on eventually. But I cant stand the sms bbm look a like. And they are all saving in one area. Guess that would be my main reason for wanting 4.7 back so badly. And when I upgraded all I did was accept the upgrade on my phone. (still pretty new to bb so not sure of alot)

04-03-10 02:02 PM
    I was new to BB in October so not that long myself. I know I was never getting 3G on 4.7 and I get 3-5 bars EXV1 and am less than a mile from a antenna in a major city.

I like the threaded SMS myself. I can still delete messages/individual threads I don't want to see.
    04-03-10 02:23 PM
    oh wow. ive never had any problems at all with 4.7, no lagging with the net, no bad service, no problems with apps. thats why I want it back since im having all these problems now. But thanks for your feed back, greatly appriciated.

04-03-10 02:25 PM
    Lucky.

WHen I had 4.7, I swear my ex's $10 phone's net could keep up with mine.

I'd consider my first post near the top before going back though pre-5. Seems every install is different from someone elses.
    04-03-10 02:50 PM
    thanks

04-03-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD