Feels like a new blackberry! Its amazing how much the OS has to do with speed, its like a whole mega processor was just installed in my berry.

The menus load fast, the app store is fast, the browser is faster, and even the cards in solitaire deal faster.

This OS cant be beat, it is so good. If you read the forums it seems like everyone is having issues, but thats because the problem children are much more vocal than the people where it just works. Well, mine just works, and i want to say thanks RIM and Verizon for finally pushing it out!

I do feel for those who have issues so i hope you get it worked out soon, because mine does not battery leak, or mem leak, the browser clicks, and i get all my messages and its the best device everrr!
    04-01-10 10:32 AM
    I agree. EXCEPT, Backup Assistant doesn't work. That sucks. I'll stick w/ the BB desktop manager.
    04-01-10 10:42 AM
    april fools right?
    04-01-10 10:43 AM
    Its so fast you made two threads.
    04-01-10 06:03 PM
    I agree. EXCEPT, Backup Assistant doesn't work. That sucks. I'll stick w/ the BB desktop manager.
    Backup assistant works great on the Tour on 5.0
    04-01-10 06:08 PM
    Backup assistant works great on the Tour on 5.0
    Yep.. Using the cloud is good
    04-01-10 06:22 PM
    This OS cant be beat, it is so good.
    Read my signature...
    04-01-10 07:43 PM
    Read my signature...
    Little big ain't it???
    04-01-10 07:46 PM
    Yep, overall OS 5.0 is very nice, as in compared to 4.7. It's very responsive, and snappy.

But to those running Google Maps, man it's annoying how frequently I have to see the hourglass lag while loading a new map region, or loading to display traffic, or searching. While it's faster, the hourglass still comes up over these functions... just ranting.

You guys notice this on Google Maps?? I like RIM's pre-loaded maps app, but Google maps is just so much better! Unfortunate.........
    04-01-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD