Have a very good friend that owns a software company with 200 employees. He exclusively uses Verizon blackberrys for all of his employees. RIM sends him a few up and comming Verizon blackberrys every time there is going to be a new release with-in a few weeks. He had the Verizon Tour about 2 weeks before it came out. They just took back the Tours that he had and are replacing them with brand new Tours with upgraded software "5.0".

He is getting them on Aug 4th so i will give you guys the blow by blow. All of his BB's are CDMA Verizon.
    07-29-09 07:54 AM
    Would it e correct to assume that the same OS will be released by SPRINT as well ?

-Aaron
    07-29-09 07:57 AM
    Thanks, dawg.
    07-29-09 07:57 AM
    Lol, silly gangster, hood people don't have blackberrys.
    07-29-09 08:03 AM
    hahahahaha

btw - thats *67
    07-29-09 08:10 AM
    Jshmks, brothas in Compton got da BLACKberrys now uh days, thats how I put muh ma big timez werk in without da fbi dea an' cia being able ta tap muh ma dangg phones like dey used ta when ah had da motorola razor. nahh mo' havin' ta dial *69 when ah prank page pizza hut ta to deliver 77 pizzas ta muh ma dum dum dum baby mamas crib an' sheeit. ya dig me? with muh eseesss
    Word.

07-29-09 08:11 AM
    Word.

07-29-09 08:15 AM
    Damn G! No cussin in these parts......
    07-29-09 08:24 AM
    Damn G! No cussin in these parts......
    How the **** did you know he cussed ?

That s**t hurts my eyes..
    07-29-09 08:32 AM
    stupid GPS, led me in the wrong direction. I set it to take me to a thread about OS 5.0 and ended up in compton.
    07-29-09 08:35 AM
    this thread went for very informative to downright hoodsilly...lol
    07-29-09 08:36 AM
    There goes the neighborhood...with emphasis on the "hood"!
    07-29-09 08:42 AM
    hhaha lol funny stuff
    07-29-09 08:45 AM
    That iz phat. Where I werk at da Compton Caliwood Mickey D's we's don' git company phones but I definetly will upgrade ta 5.0 when dey update it on da software manager. I hope it has da new features brothas iz jivin' about. I hope yo' homies ain't lying too, if he wuz his employees might gank him from behind when hes not looking. Got ta run, gots ta git back on da french fry machine. Holla at uh player when ya see him on da streets you know das right!
    What is the Blackberry world coming to?
    Guess the forum's name "CRACKberry" has drawn some "attention".
    Now the boyz in da hood have BB's?

What IS this world coming to?
    07-29-09 08:46 AM
    You should be on boost mobile, or bleepin' ya homies on the nextel 2 way.
    07-29-09 08:49 AM
    I just have one question...

If the OP states his friend has BlackBerry Tours, which we all know come with 4.7.1.40, why would RIM switch out the ENTIRE device just to update the OS to 5.0? That doesn't make any sense? Why not just send them a CD or link to download the new OS and have them install it on the BlackBerries they have?

**BTW, I'm NOT calling the OP a liar, just asking a simple question that makes no sense to me**

***PS..BTW...I hope they release 5.0 for the Tour soon, maybe it'll fix some of the bugs we're all having.***
    07-29-09 08:50 AM
    Ok lets get BACK ON TRACK! Tsmyth: Lets get with the program. Thanks for contributing to the Thread but one post in enough.. You made us all laugh, Thanks!
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    I just have one question...

If the OP states his friend has BlackBerry Tours, which we all know come with 4.7.1.40, why would RIM switch out the ENTIRE device just to update the OS to 5.0? That doesn't make any sense? Why not just send them a CD or link to download the new OS and have them install it on the BlackBerries they have?

**BTW, I'm NOT calling the OP a liar, just asking a simple question that makes no sense to me**

***PS..BTW...I hope they release 5.0 for the Tour soon, maybe it'll fix some of the bugs we're all having.***
    Grafixx: I asked him the same question and his answer was that RIM had sent him 10 Tour "Test Units" so they wanted them back. I guess becuase they were not and did not look like the final build. Why would they leave 10 "Test Units" out there when they should have the final build. His whole staff has the new Tour already. The unit he had back cover as the release, there were some hardware and program differences. It was the same OS though..
    07-29-09 08:57 AM
    How the **** did you know he cussed ?

That s**t hurts my eyes..
    i would concure with these two statements. However, it is very sweet to hear that 5.0 might be coming out in about a month. thanks for the heads-up
    07-29-09 08:58 AM
    Grafixx: I asked him the same question and his answer was that RIM had sent him 10 Tour "Test Units" so they wanted them back. I guess becuase they were not and did not look like the final build. Why would they leave 10 "Test Units" out there when they should have the final build. His whole staff has the new Tour already. The unit he had back cover as the release, there were some hardware and program differences. It was the same OS though..
    Oh, ok. Justifiable answer. Thanks for clearing it up. I wasn't trying to call you a liar so please don't think that.

**EDIT**

I just wonder if OS 5.0 is going to be leaked OR is RIM going to actually release it and have all their servers overloaded?
    07-29-09 09:00 AM
    None taken Graf.. Thanks for that question. Thats was these forums are for!
    07-29-09 09:03 AM
    I hope your buddy is right! There are definitely some issues with my Tour that I've been hoping to get worked out.

Not to mention I've wanted threaded text messaging since I saw my friends iPhone with it 3 years ago.
    07-29-09 09:41 AM
    Jshmks, brothas in Compton got da BLACKberrys now uh days, thats how I put muh ma big timez werk in without da fbi dea an' cia being able ta tap muh ma dangg phones like dey used ta when ah had da motorola razor. nahh mo' havin' ta dial *69 when ah prank page pizza hut ta to deliver 77 pizzas ta muh ma dum dum dum baby mamas crib an' sheeit. ya dig me? with muh eseesss
    I must ask if the B-Berries come complimentary of a good ole car jack???
    07-29-09 09:58 AM
    Lol, silly gangster, hood people don't have blackberrys.
    LOL. That is funny.
    07-29-09 10:03 AM
    This would be a great marketing strategy for a "Hooked on Phonics" App!!!
    07-29-09 10:10 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD