so installed the 5.0 software onto a tour and have tons of glitches keeps restarting textings all crazy...

after careful research and a whole 2 mins of searching whats this i hear of 5.0 hybrid? with v14 or something like that? please help i'd like to know what to do to make it work as if it was meant to be its a sprint tour btw thanks
    12-23-09 02:09 AM
    I installed 5.0.0.230 with no problems or glitches. Works flawlessly. The only problem so far is no sync with Rhapsody. I followed these instructions:

I see a lot of people treating the 5.0 install like it's any other, and while this may get it installed for you, it also seems to be creating a myriad of errors for people. I think for this install you should forget about a lot of things like backing your apps up, sorry, but it's just causing problems for people, you should treat a 5.0 upgrade as a fresh start, i've seen the same version of an app not work from a restore BUT work from a fresh install. so i will post exactly how i have gotten 5.0 to work, flawlessly and what apps i have working:

1. back your phone up, everything
    2. download the 5.0.0.XXX software
    3. install .exe and delete vendor.xml
    4. download bbsak and wipe device
    5. load OS from button in bbsak, do not select bbm, its old, DON'T USE DM
    6. allow OS to load and restore backup file, do the browser fix (at&t(if you don't have at&t i don't think you have to)if you do have them google att browser fix)
    7. re-install apps INDIVIDUALLY, i've had great success with this, in fact everything is working amazingly, but i had problems upon attempting to do it with 3rd party restore options.
    8. install app world, theres a link for working app world at BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids
    9. install facebook, AIM, MSN, etc from app world, it'll install the working 5.0 compatible version.
    10. install BBM 5 from app world, i originally installed overtop of 4.7 and felt like it ripped me off of some free app memory that way, so i wiped and re-did everything THIS WAY and it gave me 12MB more free space.

apps i have working up to 5.0.0.238 on BOLD:
    Beejive v.1.1.2 (make sure all permissions set to "ALLOW")
    Google Maps 3.0.2
    Nintaii 1.4
    Pandora 1.1.1.1
    Quicklaunch 2.12.3
    WeatherBug WITH homescreen update 1.0.0.325 (this could be updating for me due to my theme, some people say its not working, but i imported the 8900's default theme, and it works fine for me)
    Facebook 1.6.0.22
    Flickr 1.0.1.10
    i've re-loaded this OS 3 times now, and its finally PERFECT now following the steps above, p.s. don't use ubertwitter, browser is working expediently, and i haven't experienced a media bug AT ALL, all media plays fine, song after song after song.
    12-23-09 08:07 AM
    I did a cleaner install than that. Downloaded the 5.0.0.230 OS to my PC, installed it, deleted the vendor.xml file, loaded up app launcher and installed in about 20-30 minutes. So far, no issues and running smoother than I could have imagined <fingers crossed> LOL

I have not installed a hybrid over it.
    12-23-09 08:20 AM
    Just curious but I have only had my tour for about a week and have had zilch problems. Should I upgrade to OS to 5.0 or not?
    12-23-09 08:28 AM
    Just curious but I have only had my tour for about a week and have had zilch problems. Should I upgrade to OS to 5.0 or not?
    Depends on how adventurous you are. 5.0 for tour is not official. I was content to wait for official version until bing bricked my tour. At that point I thought what the heck. So, I upgrade to the leaked 5.0.0.230. Personally, I love it; cleaner, faster, slicker all the way around. I have 3 main reasons for keeping it: threaded SMS, predictive text, and BlackBerry Pro v4! 96xx Edition - by Natemz theme.

If you don't have skills or need threaded sms and predictive text, I'd stay put.
    12-23-09 08:45 AM
    Depends on how adventurous you are. 5.0 for tour is not official. I was content to wait for official version until bing bricked my tour. At that point I thought what the heck. So, I upgrade to the leaked 5.0.0.230. Personally, I love it; cleaner, faster, slicker all the way around. I have 3 main reasons for keeping it: threaded SMS, predictive text, and BlackBerry Pro v4! 96xx Edition - by Natemz theme.

If you don't have skills or need threaded sms and predictive text, I'd stay put.
    I'm running 5.0.0.303/v5.11 Hybrid/.191 radio on my tour and it's UBER fastness. I can barely keep up with how fast it moves. The hybrid is up to 5.15 already.
    12-23-09 12:08 PM
    Im currently installing the v.14 hybrid right now since I got the "507 Reload Software" error when I wiped it. I hope it works as good as v.12.
    12-23-09 12:21 PM
    I'm running .230 with v14 and the browser is screaming fast and know on wood no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 12:28 PM
    i have a problem with .230 and any/all hybrids on top of that. You cannot send location through bbm. I know you can do it through bbmaps, but that's annoying because in the bbm window it just shows a link, not a picture of your map location. Hopefully blackberry releases os 5 for reals this year or we get a new WORKING leak.
    12-23-09 04:29 PM
    No problems or glitches with my Tour and .230 whatsoever. Loving it and really looking forward to an official release but til then .230 has been more than sufficient in meeting my needs and I have no desire to install a hybrid.
    12-23-09 06:33 PM
    With .230 (and even on hybrids), my phone freezes after extended--15 minutes--keyboard use. Then I have to do a reset. I think I'm the only one with this problem.
    12-23-09 06:54 PM
    I had plenty of issues with .230 so i went back to 4.7. i'll wait till the official or a better leak for the tour shows up
    12-23-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD