i was recommended to go with sprints .484 on my vzw tour. will i still be able to use DM and is there any probs with using any verizon services at all? any input is greatly appreciated. i am a recent victim of the .591 crash and downgraded back to 4.7 thanks people for any help
    04-18-10 10:01 PM
    I recommend you use apploader to load the OS, also all verizon services will still work properly. Make sure you delete the vender file too! Good luck, if you need any help you can PM me and i'll direct you in the right direction.
    04-18-10 10:25 PM
    I recommend you use apploader to load the OS, also all verizon services will still work properly. Make sure you delete the vender file too! Good luck, if you need any help you can PM me and i'll direct you in the right direction.
    yes, thats exactly how i was gonna do it! thank u very much for your input.
    04-18-10 10:35 PM
    also make sure you delete the vender.exe file when you open up .484 on the computer or you'll mess up your verizon tour
    04-19-10 07:07 AM
    Can someone tell me why it's recommended to use app loader to upgrade. The last time I upgraded to another carrier's os I used desktop manager and everything was fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 09:19 AM
    Now this may sound strange, but I tried downgrading from 591 to 484. I am on Verizons network. When I did, all I had were a bunch of timy icons all over the main screen. Not sure if me being outside of Verizons main network (in enhanced network) had any reason for this. I did the downgrade using DM, but had to upgrade back to 591 using apploader due to nothing would work. 1st BB here.
    04-19-10 10:48 AM
    Been running .484 for 3 or 4 months now with no issues - all other functionality will be the same if not improved!

Just follow the threads here on CB to load the new OS and you'll be good to go!
    04-19-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD