what was the fix? i didn't have any problems before besides the camera error after opening pandora or slacker, what was change with this update?
    11-21-09 04:23 PM
    These are documented improvements for the .61 update

Enjoy enhanced performance on your BlackBerry Tour with

the following improvements:

Enhanced sound quality for voice calls on your device, wired

headsets, or Bluetooth headsets.

Improved responsiveness while using Visual Voice Mail.

Ability to view plain-text emails with attachments in your BlackBerry

Enterprise Server with the RSA SecureID application.

Improved MMS notification.

BlackBerry Messenger update notification:

− Receive a notification message when a new version of BlackBerry

Messenger is available.

− Accept or decline the installation prompt.

− Manually check for new versions of BlackBerry Messenger.

The BlackBerry Tour update includes the following

upgrades to make your life easier:

Delete emails while composing messages, for greater efficiency.

Save contacts with only a company name. Make and save as many

changes as you need to with this enhancement.

Add email accounts in the simplified setup wizard at a moment’s notice.

Easily geotag your photos and find a GPS connection with our

BlackBerry Tour GPS upgrade.

Get music quickly and easily with V Cast Music with Rhapsody. Now

your favorite songs are just a few simple clicks away—and can be

downloaded right to your BlackBerry Tour.

Enjoy smooth playback of your music through your device.

Enjoy crisp, vibrant video with the video player upgrade.

Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road with

simplified headset set up and removal.

Make calls quickly and accurately with improved dialing from the

home screen.

Keep things organized more easily with recycle bin enhancements.

Be on time every time with the improved alarm application.
    11-21-09 04:26 PM
    If you want a big change load up 5.0.0.230. It's great.
    11-21-09 05:21 PM
    Agreed. Ran .61 for a couple of days then finally took the plunge and upgraded to 5.0.0.230, and .230 rocks my socks off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 06:02 PM
    Man I really want to go to .230 but to be honest I have read the posts on how to do it and I am still worried I will screw it up and brick my phone, I am not sure if the leaks of .230 on here have vendor codes or not, if the official doesn't come out before long I will take the plunge any words of advice it sounds easy as download the OS and delete vendor file and install via DM, but there are plenty of things that I have started to do that sound easy and end up being a pain in my a**
    11-21-09 07:22 PM
    the biggest change I've noticed, is that my phone will no longer make ANY sound while holstered if it's coming from a contact with custom ringers and text tones. I am actually awaiting the arrival of a replacement Tour from Verizon for this issue. If the replacement does the same thing...then VZ and myself will have a discussion regarding my future with this particular device. I am unwilling to use a beta OS. I could always downgrade back to .40, but I feel this is going to reflect very badly on this phone. I have a device I will not be able to update its software. And if I do, it won't do what I NEED it to do. Guess I'll just wait and see....as I am also unwilling to wait another 6 or 7 months before OS 5 is officially released for the Tour. Someone here suggested they'll release OS 5 right before the updated Tour is released...that actually makes sense. It's what they did with the Storm.
    11-21-09 08:16 PM
    the biggest change I've noticed, is that my phone will no longer make ANY sound while holstered if it's coming from a contact with custom ringers and text tones. I am actually awaiting the arrival of a replacement Tour from Verizon for this issue. If the replacement does the same thing...then VZ and myself will have a discussion regarding my future with this particular device. I am unwilling to use a beta OS. I could always downgrade back to .40, but I feel this is going to reflect very badly on this phone. I have a device I will not be able to update its software. And if I do, it won't do what I NEED it to do. Guess I'll just wait and see....as I am also unwilling to wait another 6 or 7 months before OS 5 is officially released for the Tour. Someone here suggested they'll release OS 5 right before the updated Tour is released...that actually makes sense. It's what they did with the Storm.
    I did the change and I did not have this problem.
    11-21-09 08:18 PM
    I did the change and I did not have this problem.
    Then here's hoping I just have a defective phone.

For now, it IS making noise in the holster, but only because I don't have any custom tones assigned to anyone.
    11-21-09 08:41 PM
    Then here's hoping I just have a defective phone.

For now, it IS making noise in the holster, but only because I don't have any custom tones assigned to anyone.
    Good luck with the replacement
    11-21-09 08:42 PM
    Good luck with the replacement
    Thanks...my fingers are crossed. I REALLY like the Tour otherwise. I don't want to give up on it if I don't have to.
    11-21-09 08:44 PM
    That definitely does not sound like a hardware problem. Sounds to me like configuration in your notification profiles is messed up. Poke around in there, paying particular attention to each different alert whether you are to be notified in-holster.

If all else fails, a wipe and reload will certainly fix this. Can't get those symptoms from a hardware problem.
    11-21-09 09:07 PM
    That definitely does not sound like a hardware problem. Sounds to me like configuration in your notification profiles is messed up. Poke around in there, paying particular attention to each different alert whether you are to be notified in-holster.

If all else fails, a wipe and reload will certainly fix this. Can't get those symptoms from a hardware problem.
    Oh believe me, I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with Verizon yesterday trying to troubleshoot this. They had me wipe and reinstall, messed with every possible setting. I even had a friend I was talking to on Skype sending me test messages all the while. I do agree it's hard to imagine hardware failure, because it only happens when I receive a text or a call from someone who I have a custom tone assigned to. Otherwise it works fine. The 2 settings which would affect this are "Sound in Holster" and "Vibrate" The first one is set to "Yes" and Vibrate is set to "off"

I first came across this problem when I first got the phone, only then it wouldn't make any sounds in the holster, whether it was custom or not. Turns out because Vibrate was set to "In Holster Only" it wouldn't make any noises at all. Verizon then had me change that setting to "Custom", and everything was fine. Since I updated, only custom contacts are affected. I verified all my settings, and I even set Vibrate to off. No such luck though. So it might be possible that some tiny piece of hardware is just not playing nice with the software...I dunno.

Verizon suggested I try another phone, so they're sending one. They've also submitted this issue to Blackberry. My phone will be here Tuesday, and Verizon is going to give me a follow-up call on Wednesday. Here's hoping...
    11-21-09 09:24 PM
    Sure sounds like you've exhausted every possibility!
    11-22-09 02:49 PM
    Where do I get the ota os upgrade for my tour? Is the 5.0 available ota?
    11-22-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD