I'm running the .419 that came out about a month ago. Everything has worked fine on it. I know for a fact i didn't have the 3g logo at the top next to the sig until today. I flew from the states to Germany. Once i turned my radios back on and it grabbed a carrier (vodafone.de) It now has the 3G icon next to my sig and some other lil icon in between the two. Im cool with it but my question is this.

Is the icon carrier regulated? So does VZW purposely not have it implemented? Just curious. later
    02-20-10 03:33 AM
    Verizon just doesnt have 3G logo out for everyone yet. The only Verizon phones that have the 3G logo are the Storm 2, and the new Curve. Pretty sure Tour 2 will also show a 3G logo as well as the newer phones from Verizon are showing 3G instead of 1XEV so people dont get confused what 1XEV is
    02-20-10 06:40 AM
    I'm running the .419 that came out about a month ago. Everything has worked fine on it. I know for a fact i didn't have the 3g logo at the top next to the sig until today. I flew from the states to Germany. Once i turned my radios back on and it grabbed a carrier (vodafone.de) It now has the 3G icon next to my sig and some other lil icon in between the two. Im cool with it but my question is this.

Is the icon carrier regulated? So does VZW purposely not have it implemented? Just curious. later
    3G logo is showing now because you are no longer on verizon's network. You're now using Vodafone.de which is GSM based. GSM carriers use the 3G logo to indicate 3G coverage whereas CDMA carriers (Verizon and Sprint) use 1XEV to indicate 3G coverage. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 07:17 AM
    yeah that helps, its kind of cool having it on there for now though.
    02-20-10 09:30 AM
    This always confuses me why everyone thinks that the words 3G is so fantastic to have showing on your phone, when 3G and 1EXV mean the identical same thing.
    02-20-10 09:38 AM
    This always confuses me why everyone thinks that the words 3G is so fantastic to have showing on your phone, when 3G and 1EXV mean the identical same thing.
    its fantastic cause I don't have to explain to random people that 3G and 1EXV are the same thing and get all nerdy/techy on people when I'm out and about. Its so stupid what verzion did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 09:43 AM
    Lots of people dont know that 1XEV is 3G, which is why Verizon is changing that to the 3G logo on there new phones...
    02-20-10 09:43 AM
    Mine has 3G on it. I'm running 5.0
    02-20-10 09:49 AM
    i realize its the same i was just making statement that its neat to see it pop up on my phone cause i'm not used to it.

I think a lot of people don't know that 3g is the same as 1XEV. Mainly cause you don't see any commercials saying "Hey come to (insert carrier name here) we have the worlds largest 1XEV coverage available"...
    02-20-10 12:32 PM
    It means you're roaming on a 2100 mhz UMTS network.

I don't think it's carrier regulated - if you take a look at the user's manual it tells you when it'll show 1XEV and when it would show 3G is dependent on the type of network it's connected to.
    02-20-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD