I did a search nd nothing came up, so if there is already a discussion please point me in the right direction. Does the Tour support 3G? If so where? I recently completed a 3600 mile road trip and never saw 3G on my phone. I was in Tampa recently and had an iphone sitting next to my Tour, the iphone was showing 3G but not my Tour? Is there a setting I need to do? I have done the *228 for the roaming and any updates. Speaking of updates when is the new OS version coming out, any ideas?

Thanks,
    10-03-09 10:26 PM
    I did a search nd nothing came up, so if there is already a discussion please point me in the right direction. Does the Tour support 3G? If so where? I recently completed a 3600 mile road trip and never saw 3G on my phone. I was in Tampa recently and had an iphone sitting next to my Tour, the iphone was showing 3G but not my Tour? Is there a setting I need to do? I have done the *228 for the roaming and any updates. Speaking of updates when is the new OS version coming out, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Yep...it will not show 3g in the current os. Your 1xEV is 3G in the areas that get it. 5.0 will actually show 3G, at least with the leaked version I am running.
    10-03-09 10:30 PM
    If it's showing 1XEV you are getting 3g. 1X is 2g to the best of my knowledge. Unless you were roaming on GSM which is only 2g on a Tour in the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 10:30 PM
    I believe 1X means you have voice coverage and EV means you have 3G data.

But soon most Verizon phones (including BlackBerries running 5.0 and other non-smartphones like this one) will say 3G on them.
    10-03-09 10:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure 1X is voice and 1XEV is 3G and on rare occasions you will see 1xev and this is 2G. like I said it doesn't happen often but it will sometimes
    10-03-09 10:56 PM
    5.0 OS shows 3G

10-03-09 11:03 PM
    Interesting on the 1X as I still somehow manage to get data when on that. 1x is phone only. I believe 1xev or 1x in lowercase means no connection to data while in capitals X is slower data and EV is 3g data.

Have seen this listed in other areas of the forum, maybe is different for Tour?

10-03-09 11:56 PM
    1x = 1xrtt data technology (google it) which is 2.5G data speeds....

10-04-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD