I need help with 3 things please.

1. Where will I find call log?

2. I cant get auto text or auto fill to work. When I am typing I want possible words to come up to pick from.

3. When I get off a call the screen shows me the amount of time I talked but it also shoes me another time and I can not figure out what the other time is

Please help with some or all of these.

Thank you
    07-30-09 10:30 PM
    1. press the talk button, it will bring up the call log
    2. i dont think qwerty phones can do this, someone correct me if im wrong
    3. the time of day???
    07-30-09 10:33 PM
    1.) Press the talk button and call log should show up

2.) Word suggestions are going to be apart of 5.0 not 4.7 software

3.) would need to see a picture, cause i have no idea what you are talking about... maybe the time of day?
    07-30-09 10:34 PM
    I found my call log with the actual phone logo in the applications folder believe it or not.
    07-30-09 10:40 PM
    haha, guess it can be found there too!
    07-30-09 10:42 PM
    1. On my old BlackBerry I had a menu icon on the home screen that I could click on to get a more detailed list and I could select how long to keep them for.

2. My pearl had word suggest

3. It happens so fast I will try
    07-30-09 10:42 PM
    Only SureType phones offer word suggest.
    07-30-09 10:45 PM
    i did like that about my pearl, but ive gotten used to the tours keyboard. the time i think i know what you are talking about now. i think it just doesnt update while the screen is off, so it shows the length of the call when the screen shut off, then takes a second to update to the actual length of the call once you hang up
    1) When viewing the call log press the menu button and go to options, those settings can be found there

2) Your pearl had a suretype keyboard, which allowed it that feature, but full qwerty keyboards won't have it until 5.0

3) k!
    I found my call log with the actual phone logo in the applications folder believe it or not.
    Look here for the phone icon (mine was there too) and move it to the home screen
    07-30-09 11:01 PM
    Look here for the phone icon (mine was there too) and move it to the home screen
    I looked there and can not find it there.
    07-30-09 11:06 PM
    Or open ur messages folder and press ALT+P for a little more detail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:12 PM
    I couldn't find my phone/call log icon either.
    Somehow mine got hidden and I didn't realize it. May be try checking the application folder again?
    07-30-09 11:22 PM
    I still need help with #1 and 3.
    07-31-09 08:19 AM
    About number 3, my phone only shows three numbers when I finish a call:

1) Upper left, by the phone icon, it shows the time connected in a large font.
    2) Lower center, it shows the time of day.
    3) Middle right, in small font, it shows "my number".
    07-31-09 08:34 AM
    #3 sounds like it might be a total usage counter. Is the time high on it? I know on my phone I have the option to display total used minutes ( to track usage if you didn't have unlimited minutes )
    07-31-09 08:37 AM
    #3 sounds like it might be a total usage counter. Is the time high on it? I know on my phone I have the option to display total used minutes ( to track usage if you didn't have unlimited minutes )
    That is what I thought it might be but it is only seconds some times.
    It will blink a couple times before it goes back to the actual time I was on the call. It is fast so I can not even seem to get a picture of it. It is more the fact that I don't know what it is and when I see it I get annoyed.
    08-24-09 08:32 AM
    the "other time" u see is the last recorded time before the backlight goes out during ur call.... mine shows it every time too
    08-24-09 02:48 PM
    You need to click the BB key and select "show all" and the phone icon will be under applications folder.
    08-24-09 03:36 PM
    Options>Spellcheck<check spelling as you type - this will suggest words for misspelled words, (you must scroll back to the underlined word and press the trackball) otherwise, there's no shortcuts for qwerty keyboards because you have all the letters right there. If you want to have quicker text entry set up AUTOTEXT entries for the things you want to abbreviate, ex, I have idk set up to type "I don't know", abt enters "about", def for "definitely", ab for "absolutely" etc.. these are words I used often and I hate typing them out. Some people prefer to use the shorthand versions of words when conserving text in SMS, but I use Beyond160 so I can go a little longer if necessary. Speaking of, "nec" will be for "necessary"
    08-24-09 03:46 PM
    cceretti is correct. The first time you see when ending a call is the last time that was on the phone before the backlight shut off. It seems to be that although the counter continues to count in the memory the screen stops showing the counting so say you on a call and at 32 seconds the backlight goes off.. then when you hit end and the light comes back on it will read 32 seconds for a split section before it corrects itself and shows the actual length of the call.
    08-24-09 03:50 PM
    The Call Log is located:

That is your actual Call Log. Pressing the green call button or clicking on the call log icon will only give you a list of your recent calls.

To view Missed Calls within the Call Log:

Missed Calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 03:56 PM
    I still need help with #1 and 3.
    Number1: If you hit the Green call button your call log(incomming and outgoing calls) will pop up or like suggested earlier if you go into your applications folder and click the BB menu button and hit show all you should see the phone icon for the call log that you can move to your home screen if you want.

Number 3: I have never noticed it other than time duration of the call but don not know or remember seeing another time.
    08-24-09 05:01 PM
    For those who mentioned using the Phone Icon to open the Phone App, my question is why?

Pressing the green SEND button is a Shortcut to do the exact same thing: open the Phone App and show you the recent calls list.

Why clutter your phone with this absolutely unnecessary Icon?

A small side note: The recent calls listed show the last 40 numbers, more than previous devices showed. (My 8330 showed the last 20 numbers.)

As Chrisy noted, if you need a very in-depth call log, go to Messages, then press ALT+P.

Oh yes, one more point: Holding the SEND button opens a Contact List. Clicking on Contacts here calls them.
    (This is a completely useless feature IMO since you can look up Contacts while typing in the regular Phone App.)
    08-24-09 05:03 PM
    Quic's answer seemed the best as I also have the same problem among many. However when mine does it it also shows calls I didn't make to same number,those show up at same time and only seconds. I'm more worried about being overcharged for minutes. My trackball sucks so bad manager at a Verizon store could'nt fix my phone(I had to leave to cancel friends contract elsewhere and didn t go back) and even tech support told me to call back at a later time,when I tried to order a replacement online I was told puters were updating and try later. My tour splits my screen online,no net numerous times,freezes,lags,battery door loose,track ball works when it wants and has lost connection to BB messenger 3 times. All within a month! Pik ure poison when you choose a wireless carrier,they all suk. I been with verizon since 2005 and been threw so many of there phones,I should be on verizons payroll. Guess I need another tour,hopefully a green dot?
    Last edited by sbfm23; 08-24-09 at 05:35 PM.
    08-24-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD