Hi! My husband and I both got the Tour just today and have been having fun getting acquainted with it. However we have had a few problems. We haven't been able to get gmail on our phones because it refuses to acknowledge that our passwords ARE correct. It keeps saying they are wrong even though they aren't.

I've also had a problem with the Slacker radio app. I created an account online because it wouldn't let me from my phone and it didn't help. When I try to login it gives me this error message: Login Failed. (Client Exception)Failed to process request:net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccess Exception: no message)

I've also had a problem with the Amazon app. I tried deleting it and reinstalling but that didn't help. Whenever I try to login to view my Amazon account it says "Please allow the Amazon App access to the network." I have no idea what that means!

Anyone who could give us some advice on any of these problems we'd be grateful. Neither of us are very technologically gifted!
    11-13-09 10:34 PM
    Even though these are all applications with apps and not the phone, I would try adding the e-mail on the website. Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and login. If you do not have a user name and password, you can call Tech Support and they can create one for you. With your apps, maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling. Or a battery pull......
    11-13-09 10:42 PM
    I'm not sure but it sounds as if Slacker and Amazon apps were not given permission to use the services of the phone - you might try changing permissions.

Go to Options Icon and run it. Press BB/Menu key, Advanced, Applications (it will build a list) attempt to find both apps and press BB key again, Select permissions and see if they are ALLOWED.

Re: gmail password, are you sure that you are typing proper LETTERS and/or numbers (I don't recall if Upper/lower case matters) - but as suggested doing it one computer might be good.
    11-13-09 11:20 PM
    I got the apps to work by changing the permissions and the email setup from the computer! Thanks so much!
    11-14-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD