Just as the title implies, 2 weeks with a phone with numerous problem and no one can help, I keep getting phrases such as the phones is rare or we only get one in stock even tried the main office got a hold of a nice lady who politely told me to switch to the pre, I mean if I wanted a pre I wouldve bought one!

Issues
    Trackball
    Charging - the phone only charges when turned off
    Loose back plate - nullified by the sillicone skin
    Phone os is starting to act up - freezing, slowing down to a crawl with no apps running
    Other things that have been mentioned in other threads
    Despite the issues I love the phone, if only I could get one that works properly.

Moral of the story is if you are in the nyc area do not buy a tour from radioshack their stock is extremely low
    09-01-09 11:35 AM
    Radioshack

10char. Lolz at "the shack".

Sorry, but I don't think I would buy anything from radioshack. Especialy a blackberry which is 85% guaranteed to have issues and need a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 12:14 PM
    Yeah radio shack was good before there was a massive spread of best buy's and circuit city (not a factor anymore). Now, I wouldn't buy anything from there, overpriced and few options. Of course they always say: I can order it for you, so can I its called the internet.

09-01-09 12:19 PM
    Return it.
    09-01-09 12:58 PM
    I won't say I wouldn't buy anything from Radio Shack...however I definitely wouldn't buy a phone from there and/or a high dollar item. The reason is that Radio Shack is very 'iffy' when it comes to customer support for their products and services sold in-store...they don't have the sheer manpower and resources to handle certain problems that may arise with certain items.

Also; a good number of Radio Shacks are independently-owned; so there is an intrinsic value built-in for the owner(s) to cut corners at all costs.

09-01-09 01:25 PM
    I won't say I wouldn't buy anything from Radio Shack...however I definitely wouldn't buy a phone from there and/or a high dollar item. The reason is that Radio Shack is very 'iffy' when it comes to customer support for their products and services sold in-store...they don't have the sheer manpower and resources to handle certain problems that may arise with certain items.

Also; a good number of Radio Shacks are independently-owned; so there is an intrinsic value built-in for the owner(s) to cut corners at all costs.

Right.

Return it.
    09-01-09 01:36 PM
    If it was at my store I would've given you a replacement phone, while I looked for another tour (if that was okay with you) There are ways employees can look up products from other stores and even do a regional check... I admire your patience, most "Shacks" don't think of the customer first.
    09-01-09 01:43 PM
    Right.

Return it.
    drdingleberry...err...dingo; you must not realize what the OP is saying. The phone can be returned; sure...but for what? An imaginary Tour that the store the OP bought the Tour from..says they don't have??

09-01-09 01:50 PM
    drdingleberry...err...dingo; you must not realize what the OP is saying. The phone can be returned; sure...but for what? An imaginary Tour that the store the OP bought the Tour from..says they don't have??

No. The logic would be to return it and go to a BB or VZW store.
    09-01-09 02:10 PM

Moral of the story is if you are in the nyc area do not buy a tour from radioshack their stock is extremely low
    1.) call sprint and add the Total Equipment Replacement Plan
    <same day>
    2.) take shi* phone to sprint store. they will replace it.
    <if you want you be a dirtbag>
    3.)go home and call sprint and remove TEP.
    <i'd skip 3>
    09-01-09 02:17 PM
    Take it back to VZW or Sprint. I bought mine at Best Buy and verizon replaced it for a trackball issue.

09-01-09 04:50 PM
    Take it back to VZW or Sprint. I bought mine at Best Buy and verizon replaced it for a trackball issue.

09-01-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD