Is there a way to dial numbers that use letters in them... like 1-800WXBRIEF?

and...

I cannot see text messages in my messages folder. This isn't really a problem because I had my SMS/MSM icon and my messages icon. However, I got QuickLaunch and I have my "Messages" shortcut on there. The shortcut seems to go to whichever I used last, which is annoying. Is there a way (keyboard shortcut?) within messages to switch to SMS?

Thanks!
    08-27-09 09:09 PM
    I think you can just hit the alt key to put letters in to dial.
    You can combine all you email,sms,mms,and pin messages into the messages folder if you want. If you turn off "dial from home screen" you can just press m to open all your messages then. That's what I do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:18 PM
    Thanks! That is awesome! It has added a lot of shortcuts to my phone! How do I make SMS messages appear in my messages folder?
    08-27-09 09:30 PM
    I think you should be able to seperate your messages by folders in your message options
    08-27-09 11:06 PM
    Thanks! That is awesome! It has added a lot of shortcuts to my phone! How do I make SMS messages appear in my messages folder?
    Messages > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inbox > Change that to Combined.
    08-27-09 11:14 PM
    Yes, it makes it about 10 times easier to use once you remember the shortcuts. It baffles me why they aren't set up like this when shipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 01:08 AM
    Check out this thread, you may find some useful shortcuts:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/sh...tcuts+for+tour
    08-28-09 01:56 AM
    Thanks guys! This is great! I wish all of these short cuts were customizable but it is still great regardless. I wish there was a "quick home screen" shortcut (I know the end call button sort of is). I wonder why there are so many different ways of locking the phone (A,K,L and the hardwired lock button).
    08-28-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD