I'm still a fairly new BB User and learning more about the device every day. I have 2 questions that I have been pondering:

1. Normally the Icon that shows that I have messages is located in the left center of the top band close to the battery meter and the speaker status Icon. However, sometimes it is over on the right center next to the BlueTooth Icon. What causes it to move around? Is that telling me something?

2. Is there a way to delete multiple messages at the same time? When I'm home and at my computer I often ignore the message receipt alert and read the emails on Outlook. In some cases I have had quite a few messages that I have already dealt with and simply want to delete them from my phone. Can this be done en-masse?

Thanks for any assistance with these questions.
    01-21-10 11:59 AM
    Different icons/icon placements normally mean a different type of message was received. I'm not using the stock theme (I'm assuming you are) so I can't remember the placement of the icons.

A regular yellow envelope normally means an email and missed call (I think), SMS is a yellow envelope set at an angle.

As far as deleting messages, you can highlight the date in your inbox, hit the bb button (or just the del key) and delete prior. Deletes every message prior to the date highlighted.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 01-21-10 at 12:16 PM.
    01-21-10 12:08 PM
    Or just hold shift and click on the messages you want to delete. Either method would work.
    01-21-10 01:01 PM
    Or just hold shift and click on the messages you want to delete. Either method would work.
    I forgot about this, I actually prefer this method because you can pick and choose which emails to get rid of instead of deleting every message received before a certain date.

Thanks for reminding me flashman.
    01-21-10 03:26 PM
    I forgot about this, I actually prefer this method because you can pick and choose which emails to get rid of instead of deleting every message received before a certain date.

Thanks for reminding me flashman.
    No problem.
    01-21-10 04:53 PM
    I tried this and it works really well. Thanks for that.

I'll watch the Icons for messages and get a better understanding of what it is doing. I mainly get email messages and I think that it happens when there are email messages in my inbox.
    01-21-10 07:43 PM
    Are you using the precision theme or a 3rd party?
    01-21-10 08:39 PM
    Are you using the precision theme or a 3rd party?
    I'm using the theme that came on the phone, I've simply overlaid it with a picture of my granddaughter in a UT outfit doing a "hook'em horns" for me. I've been using that pic for the last two or three phones. Told my son it's time for an updated one!
    01-21-10 08:49 PM
    Ok. Its more than likely the fact that you have different messages. If one looks italic that is SMS/MMS and if its a standard its email. Think that was already said.
    01-22-10 12:42 PM
    im not sure about you first question

on your second question, highlight the first message, press and hold the left shift key and then scroll. This will highlight the selected messages, then hit the delete key.
    01-22-10 04:41 PM
    Hey op, to answer your first question, the icons can move around in the banner, depending on what else is up there. If bluetooth is on and taking up room or other alert icons. They will shift in positions. Some times due to the theme your using also.
    01-22-10 04:59 PM
    im not sure about you first question

on your second question, highlight the first message, press and hold the left shift key and then scroll. This will highlight the selected messages, then hit the delete key.
    Already been said chuck
    01-22-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD