I just got a SanDisk 16GB MicroSD card from Amazon.com. I put it in the phone, and snapped a pic to ensure it worked. The phone didn't seem to recognize it, but the memory manager displayed the card and a 14.8 GB capacity.

Furthermore, my card reader, computer and digital camera did not recognize the card either.

I sent the card back to the dealer and received the following reply:

Dear Customer,

We have received your returned item.

Your card is in working condition.

There are some folders in your card created on 10/26/2009 1:05pm:

Blackberry, picture, IMG00621-20091026-1307.jpg

We believe that your device(s) is not SDHC compatible (Even card reader needs to be SDHC compatible to read the flash card). Please check the compatible list link, The Global Leader in Flash Memory Cards | SanDisk and also contact the manufacturer of your device(s) to find out the compatible SD flash card.
    The compatibility list can be found here: SanDisk® microSDHC™ Card - Ideal Companion for Your Multimedia Phone
    11-01-09 07:57 PM
    it should work great as the Tour can hold up to a 32gb card. did you Format the card when you put it into the Tour?
    11-01-09 08:00 PM
    I just got a SanDisk 16GB MicroSD card from Amazon.com. I put it in the phone, and snapped a pic to ensure it worked. The phone didn't seem to recognize it, but the memory manager displayed the card and a 14.8 GB capacity.

Furthermore, my card reader, computer and digital camera did not recognize the card either.

The compatibility list can be found here: SanDisk® microSDHC™ Card - Ideal Companion for Your Multimedia Phone
    I've been using a 16GB SDHC since this the 9630 came out. Heck, I've been using the 16 GB SDHC since the 8330. It works. I'm actually waiting for something larger than the 16 GB since mine is at maximum capacity.
    11-01-09 08:03 PM
    I thought I did. I went through Memory - scrolled to Media Card, then hit "Format" in the card menu. Was that right?
    11-01-09 08:03 PM
    Oh, and I emailed SanDisk about the 32GB MicroSD cards:

Hello XXXXX,

I don’t have exact release dates. But the 32GB is not planned for release until Q1 2010.

Greig Peters

Sr. Tech Support Engineer

SanDisk Corporation
    11-01-09 08:05 PM
    32GB sdMicro!? Where do we get one of those!?
    11-01-09 09:29 PM
    I did the same exact thing. I bought a 16GB sd micro for my tour and it works great. I have had it for a month or so now. I have it about three quarters of the way full. I have mostly music stored on there and it works great. I also have pictures, apps, themes, documents saved on there. I am happy i did it. I got it pretty cheap, I think I payed around 55 dollars after shipping. I have a tour on verizon.
    11-01-09 09:31 PM
    Mine works fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:43 PM
    I did the same exact thing. I bought a 16GB sd micro for my tour and it works great. I have had it for a month or so now. I have it about three quarters of the way full. I have mostly music stored on there and it works great. I also have pictures, apps, themes, documents saved on there. I am happy i did it. I got it pretty cheap, I think I payed around 55 dollars after shipping. I have a tour on verizon.
    You can save apps to the sd card? I thought it couldn't be done??!
    11-01-09 10:51 PM
    My 1st 16 gb card was seen by the phone, but after a few song transfers, it stopped working on me. I could see files on the card, but couldn't use them. I sent it back for a replacement, and the new one has been error-free. 16 gb cards work in the Tour, as long as they are not defective.

11-01-09 11:28 PM
    my 16gb sandisk class 2 works flwalessly
    11-01-09 11:29 PM
    my 16gb sandisk class 2 works flwalessly
    Same here. Had it from the day I bought Tour. Never had a problem.

11-02-09 06:01 AM
    My 16gb sandisk has worked in 3 different blackberries. And fyi, there are 32gb microsdhc cards on ebay for about $80. I'm about to order one.
    11-02-09 06:29 AM

I had the same problem with my 16gig SD card in my Tour. I could not get the phone to recognize it. I would show the card and free space, but not let me put anything on it. I put my old card into my computer and copied the files. Then I put the 16gig in and pasted my other cards data onto the new 16gig card and that worked.
    11-02-09 07:10 AM
    If your computer does not recognize the 16gig update the drives. I had to update the drives with the sdhc card.
    11-02-09 07:11 AM
    My 16gb sandisk has worked in 3 different blackberries. And fyi, there are 32gb microsdhc cards on ebay for about $80. I'm about to order one.
    I searched and couldn't find one under 100$ do you have a link?

11-02-09 08:13 AM
    my 16gb microsd works fine in my tour...

one issue that i have is when i connect my tour to my laptop, it read my card properties as a 6gb card.

i do mean 6gb in total as a whole...any ideas

i was going to backup the sd and re-format...any ideas
    11-02-09 10:12 AM
    my bb app worlds apps are stored there automatically though it technically does not give me more room on my bb app world? I also saw there is a new app out that actually allows you to store apps on there. I guess that was a little misleading. I can store them on my sd card but I can not run them from there. They are archived on the sd card. the app that allows you to do this is called 'Aerize Card Loader - SD card install utility' It is at the crackberry app store for ten bucks.
    11-02-09 10:16 AM
    the 32GB micro is not released yet. As for 16GB micros, which is the biggest out right now, I would use amazon. cheap and trustworthy on there. i payed $55 for my 16GB
    11-02-09 10:17 AM
    16GB works fine for me, I use Aerize Card Loader and have 90% of my downloaded applications stored on my MicroSDHC and haven't had an issue yet. I also use it in my Digital Camera (Swap back and forth) so I can view the pix on my Blackberry and email and edit them. Are you sure it wasn't a generic card?
    11-02-09 10:44 AM
    I have a Sandisk 16gb and it works fine.
    11-02-09 11:59 AM
    32gb will work huh??? OK cool!
    11-02-09 01:04 PM
    I've had my 16GB on my Tour since day one and I have not had any issues at all. Running the Tour on Sprint.
    11-03-09 03:40 PM
    I have been using a 16 GB card since day one of Tours release, no probs. Last I heard, it still doesnt support the 32GB, but it will. (os 5. maybe)
    11-03-09 03:51 PM
    I searched and couldn't find one under 100$ do you have a link?

Sorry, I got the price wrong...the one on ebay is starting at $160.
    11-04-09 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD