So my Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630 takes on average 13-15 minutes with a battery pull reset. I love the phone, and have no complaints about it except for this issue. I've had plenty of blackberries and this is taking the longest. I have no clue as to why it takes so long - I dont have any apps really installed, and no pictures/music, etc. loaded.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas how I can make it run faster?

This is the stats of my phone:

5.0.0.624 OS
    914.6mb of free space (917.7mb total)

Thankfully, I rarely have to do battery pulls! =)
    07-19-10 08:54 PM
    Mine takes about the same time but I do have pics (about 150) and about 300 songs

Sadly I do have to do batt pulls lately bc my "radio" turns off and will not allow me to turn it on until I do the batt pull.

if anyone has any hints to fix, thanks!
    07-20-10 07:30 AM
    Sounds like the RAM that you read off is memory card memory, which does not have an effect on the device boot-up performance. My question is how much application memory do you have left?

Also do you use BB Groups? I have found that sometimes BB Groups have been known to cause outrageous boot-up times.

Also do you use device encryption? If so that can also boost your boot-up time by several minutes.

My 9700 had an issue where it took a while to boot-up. I ended up wiping the device and reloading the OS from scratch. Boot-up time is now down to around 2 minutes.
    07-20-10 08:13 AM
    Agreed, 914.6mb of free space (917.7mb total) is not a correct memory reading. Tour has 256MB total of which about half is available for apps. Backup and reload your OS, that'll cure it. you could have a corrupt database.
    07-20-10 08:15 AM
    Plkcable? Any relation to the moderator with the same name minus the L? =)
    07-20-10 08:35 AM
    Plkcable? Any relation to the moderator with the same name minus the L? =)
    No, Rich (pkcable) and I had that same chat, he's on my CB friends list I worked for an ISP that delivered service over Power Lines then cut over to fiber optic Cable.
    07-20-10 08:43 AM
    Cool =)

Well then nice to meet you! =)

No, Rich (pkcable) and I had that same chat, he's on my CB friends list I worked for an ISP that delivered service over Power Lines then cut over to fiber optic Cable.
    07-20-10 08:50 AM
    Cool =)

Well then nice to meet you! =)
    Likewise, see you around the forums.
    07-20-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD