10-03-10 10:57 AM
44 12
tools
    which brand is everyones personal favorite? bodyguardz, best skin ever, zagg, ghost armour or any others that i'm missing?
    09-26-10 08:15 PM
    which brand is everyones personal favorite? bodyguardz, best skin ever, zagg, ghost armour or any others that i'm missing?
    as you probably know i am using zagg at the moment but have used bse(best skins every) in the past and both r pretty comparable. The reason I went with zagg this time was due to laziness and the $5 replacement...my BSE did get scratched and had to buy a new one figured with zagg the mall people will do it for me...so far they've replaced my buddies 2 times (hes pretty careless with his phone).
    09-26-10 09:02 PM
    as you probably know i am using zagg at the moment but have used bse(best skins every) in the past and both r pretty comparable. The reason I went with zagg this time was due to laziness and the $5 replacement...my BSE did get scratched and had to buy a new one figured with zagg the mall people will do it for me...so far they've replaced my buddies 2 times (hes pretty careless with his phone).
    Thanks for the input, I have used BSE before, and I do understand the rubbery texture people are talking about. I would prefer something without that texture, but with the same protection. Has anyone ever used the Phone Expert screen, Otterbox or Seidio protectors? I think I'll just get the screen protector, and a case to protect the body.
    09-26-10 09:38 PM
    really, no one has any opinions?
    09-27-10 11:15 PM
    i used to have zagg both on my bold 9000 and 9700. I eventually rip them off after half a year or so since it'll get dirty and it starts peeling. but it did save my phone from scratches numerous times. it gives a sense of safety, i dropped my phone twice and no harm to the bezel at all.

i use the anti glare screen protector now. it has a nice feel without the 'orange peel' texture but i think zagg is worth the money.

i have never used "the Phone Expert screen, Otterbox or Seidio protectors" before so i can't give my two cents on that. but i guess if you get a screen protector and case it should suffice. i just dont like using cases. makes it bulkier. and hides the sexiness of the device lol
    09-27-10 11:56 PM
    i used to have zagg both on my bold 9000 and 9700. I eventually rip them off after half a year or so since it'll get dirty and it starts peeling. but it did save my phone from scratches numerous times. it gives a sense of safety, i dropped my phone twice and no harm to the bezel at all.

i use the anti glare screen protector now. it has a nice feel without the 'orange peel' texture but i think zagg is worth the money.

i have never used "the Phone Expert screen, Otterbox or Seidio protectors" before so i can't give my two cents on that. but i guess if you get a screen protector and case it should suffice. i just dont like using cases. makes it bulkier. and hides the sexiness of the device lol
    which anti glare screen protector are you using now? i also agree that cases hide the slick look of the phone, but with a little one that likes to play and grab and drop things, i think it's the best way to keep it sexy. then i can take the case of in the evenings... lol.
    09-28-10 05:51 PM
    i have the full body zagg. installation took longer than expected, and it is starting to peel on the left side panel a lil. I takes about 1-2 days for it to really cure. its kind of sticky to the touch, but i dont mind this because it helps me grip my torch when i pulling it out of my case. no interference with my touch screen either. overall a good buy, but it is slightly peeling on the top side corner this is not good when you have o.c.d. lol. I think i will take a razor to nip that piece off lol
    09-30-10 09:59 AM
    I've had great luck with this brand on my other mobile devices:

ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.
    09-30-10 10:53 AM
    i have the full body zagg. installation took longer than expected, and it is starting to peel on the left side panel a lil. I takes about 1-2 days for it to really cure. its kind of sticky to the touch, but i dont mind this because it helps me grip my torch when i pulling it out of my case. no interference with my touch screen either. overall a good buy, but it is slightly peeling on the top side corner this is not good when you have o.c.d. lol. I think i will take a razor to nip that piece off lol
    if you installed it urself zagg will send u a new shield if u send the old one back...its part of their warranty...or u can just go to the mall invisashield people pay them 5 bux and they'll redo it for u.
    09-30-10 11:22 AM
    Using the Zagg screen protector on my 9800. Anyone else notice it attracts a lot of lint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:33 AM
    Using the Zagg screen protector on my 9800. Anyone else notice it attracts a lot of lint?

^This was the reason I stopped using them on my 9530. Took away from the overall look of the phone imo. After awhile you could definately tell something was on the phone, and yes, always seemed to be "linty". So I opted to go bareback with the Storm, and will continue to do so with my Torch. Just love the look of it too much to cover it up.
    10-03-10 08:48 AM
    I have heard really good things about BoxWave. I don't like the idea of using a solution to adhere anything to my device so I'm going to order one of these ones.

Screen Protector - iPhone, BlackBerry, Treo, PDA, and iPod Screen Protector
    10-03-10 08:49 AM
    I have heard really good things about BoxWave. I don't like the idea of using a solution to adhere anything to my device so I'm going to order one of these ones.

Screen Protector - iPhone, BlackBerry, Treo, PDA, and iPod Screen Protector
    I am using the BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal.....seems to be doing a good job. I don't like having to use a solution to install the screen protector and Zagg always has the "orange peel" effect.
    10-03-10 09:03 AM
    Good to know its not just me..thanks guys. Might be peeling this thing off soon enough.

10-03-10 09:26 AM
    I am using the BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal.....seems to be doing a good job. I don't like having to use a solution to install the screen protector and Zagg always has the "orange peel" effect.
    Have you had any experience with the ClearTouch Anti-Glare, or just the Crystal?
    10-03-10 09:38 AM
    Have you had any experience with the ClearTouch Anti-Glare, or just the Crystal?
    I've used both the Crystal and Anti-Glare screen protectors from BoxWave on my Tour.

The Crystal is the way to go. The claim is true that you can't even tell it's on. Only issue is sometimes you will get one that has a slight "rainbow" effect on a white background. Just email them and they will send you a replacement.

The Anti-Glare has "fuzzy" pattern on it that took away slightly from the readibility of small fonts on the smaller Tour screen. It does do it's job of reducing glare, though.

10-03-10 09:47 AM
    I've used both the Crystal and Anti-Glare screen protectors from BoxWave on my Tour.

The Crystal is the way to go. The claim is true that you can't even tell it's on. Only issue is sometimes you will get one that has a slight "rainbow" effect on a white background. Just email them and they will send you a replacement.

The Anti-Glare has "fuzzy" pattern on it that took away slightly from the readibility of small fonts on the smaller Tour screen. It does do it's job of reducing glare, though.

Thanks so much for your input. I've been debating about which one to get and the "fuzzy" pattern is definitely a deal breaker!
    10-03-10 09:54 AM
    ^This was the reason I stopped using them on my 9530. Took away from the overall look of the phone imo. After awhile you could definately tell something was on the phone, and yes, always seemed to be "linty". So I opted to go bareback with the Storm, and will continue to do so with my Torch. Just love the look of it too much to cover it up.
    Ditto! Tried PhantomSkinz, read one comment online said it doesn't attract lint. To my dismay, it attracted so much lint and worse part is it couldn't be removed. It kind of stuck to the edges pretty badly. Tried using a blade but still couldn't get them out.

Case-less is best. I'd do it if I have a spare BB lying around, because I do drop my phones a lot. But I can't survive a day without my BB, so I got a commuter.
    10-03-10 10:18 AM
    I use the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector from sgpstore. I have tried lots of different protectors previously with iphones, and I haven't found any that are as clear an unnoticeable as the sgp. I'm not a fan of full body wraps as the never seem to go on easy or look right when they are done.
    10-03-10 10:57 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD