I have uploaded short 20 - 30 sec videos to YouTube before using my Torch and the native YouTube app. All of sudden the last 2 days, I haven't been able to do it.

It gets to 100% and completed and gets this error. I repeatedly get "Failed to upload <video name> to Youtube Account: A Connection cannot be established to YouTube server (401)."

My password is correct and I'm on the mobile website with no problem. I just can't upload. Anyone know of any solutions?
    10-18-10 12:37 AM
    I'm still having this issue. Has anyone found a solution or experienced this? Thanks.
    11-14-10 09:20 PM
    failing for me 2 on 337...
    11-14-10 09:40 PM
    I just tried it with my Torch, made a short vid (8.5MB) with the torch's video camera and then used the option to send it to youtube and it went no problem.

11-14-10 11:54 PM
    I had exactly the same problem as the OP while running .246 but I haven't tried since upgrading to .337 so I don't know if it's still there or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 07:35 AM
    When I upgrade to a new OS, it works for a few days and then it repeats the same error a few days later. Don't know why. Any else have this issue?

Mark-D: If you upgrade to .337, did it work?
    11-21-10 06:42 PM
    Found the solution and it works for me. See the link

Can't send videos anywhere! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Here's what the poster stated which I followed and it worked... "If you checked "Stay signed in" to youtube on the upload page, uncheck it and sign in each time you want to upload."
    11-21-10 07:35 PM
    i looked at that thread and i dont get what the solution is.... where do i uncheck keep me signed in???
    02-10-11 06:07 PM
    I had the same problem. For more details this is what I did to fix mine. Scroll onto to Youtube app so you do not actually open the link. Press the BlackBerry menu key and choose Logout. Now when you open the app and go to Youtube you will be prompted to sign back in. Uncheck the Stay Signed In option and login.
    02-18-11 03:18 PM
    i did that and it still fails any ideas?
    04-13-11 10:23 PM
    You have to go to the video you want to upload first. Then hit the BlackBerry button and scroll to Send > Upload to YouTube. Once there, at the very top on the right, you should see your username. If not, it probably says Log In or something, Click it, type your information in, but then make sure that "Stay Signed In" is UNCHECKED. You have to make sure you do that in this window, not in the YouTube app. It's not even the same thing. Hope I helped!
    Angie Svensen likes this.
    08-03-11 02:17 PM
    You have to go to the video you want to upload first. Then hit the BlackBerry button and scroll to Send > Upload to YouTube. Once there, at the very top on the right, you should see your username. If not, it probably says Log In or something, Click it, type your information in, but then make sure that "Stay Signed In" is UNCHECKED. You have to make sure you do that in this window, not in the YouTube app. It's not even the same thing. Hope I helped!
    08-03-11 02:56 PM
    I was having the same issue uploading. I went to YouTube on my PC and tried uploading, and was forced to create a channel. Once complete, I was able to then upload from my Bold 9700.
    01-26-12 11:35 PM
    excellent. thanks for the tip.
    02-02-12 09:15 PM
    So, the solution is to make sure you are logged out and that you don't use any of the integrated features. You have to go to the video then to upload to YouTube then login, upload, then log out. Damn this company. If it weren't for the Asian markets BB would be a ghost. BB was my only choice years ago. I don't like Android. iPhone is not an option just on principle. I can't believe I'm actually looking at Windows Phone.....
    02-04-12 02:55 PM
    So, the solution is to make sure you are logged out and that you don't use any of the integrated features. You have to go to the video then to upload to YouTube then login, upload, then log out. Damn this company. If it weren't for the Asian markets BB would be a ghost. BB was my only choice years ago. I don't like Android. iPhone is not an option just on principle. I can't believe I'm actually looking at Windows Phone.....
    Wow. So having issues with a 3rd party application is entirely Rims fault? It is pretty evident you have no experience with anything to do with the inner workings of the wireless industry and/or software development.

For me I am satisfied there is a solution and it is not like I spend my day everyday loading videos to the tube since I have a life.

Enjoy your windows device.
    02-26-12 10:34 AM
    Hi folks,

Just new to the forums and connected because I searched google as I was having the same problem! I have a bold 9700 and when I first got it I tried to upload a youtube video and it worked fine! Then every upload after that failed at 100% and a message said it could not connect to the youtube server.

So I tried various things and nothing worked. Then I thought if the video reaches 100% its clearly been uploaded somewhere! So when uploading my next video I logged into my youtube account on my pc to see if it would show up as processing and it did. I then logged out and tried it again but without me logged in on my pc it failed.

Clearly logging in on your pc is not an ideal solution but if you are really stuck then this simple solution may be of some benefit.

05-23-12 10:28 AM
    Thanks, worked for me. Had to sign out, reboot, go to my video, select upload to YouTube, sign in. lol
    06-20-12 12:57 PM
    ericsartor , you're a genius! I had the same problem and tried your solution. It worked! Thanks so much!
    08-17-13 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD