I'm about to buy a Torch.. I want a white one, but ive heard a few horror stories about blurry keyboards. Is it really that bad, or are people over reacting, like they tend to do over phone scratches?
    11-18-10 04:38 PM
    Everyones eyes and perceptions are different but I find the k/board extremely sharp
    in all light conditions and with all light sources.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-18-10 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Didn't mean screen
    11-18-10 04:56 PM
    in two years of owning a blackberry, and 3 months with the torch, the fact that the keyboard could get "blurry" has never even once crossed my mind :/
    11-18-10 06:43 PM
    Keyboards dont get blurry, your vision does ;D i suggest a nice pair of glasses if you cant see the keyboard, not because the keys are small, but because you are partially blind
    11-18-10 06:52 PM
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 Pure White unboxing | BGR | Boy Genius Report

My vision is 20/20.. But uhhh.. In that article they said the keyboard was blurry. Really doesn't matter.. cause I think the majority of us have the keyboards memorized ANYWAY.. PLUS it has an on screen keyboard..

I appreciate your time.. -$
    11-18-10 08:17 PM
    in two years of owning a blackberry, and 3 months with the torch, the fact that the keyboard could get "blurry" has never even once crossed my mind :/
    Were any of them a white torch?

Apparently the author of the article says, it's blurry when it's back lit
    Pure White” meant purely white. One huge, glaring problem with the all white Torch that we can’t seem to move past? When using the device in dark lighting conditions, the backlit buttons are blurry. This seems to be because of there being no “backing” on the underside of the keyboards keys. It’s hard to explain, but it is ridiculously, mind-blowingly annoying, and is actually preventing us from switching to the lust-worthy BlackBerry 9800 Arctic Winter edition.
    11-18-10 08:24 PM
    Just posted this on another thread, but I can tell you from experience that certain white torches have a blurry keyboard. I ordered mine from amazon wireless, the first one had a dead pixel, so they sent me a new one. I noticed that when the backlit keyboard appeared on the new one, the whole QWERTY keypad looked blurry. I thought my glasses were dirty! But I went to get the first phone to compare, and the difference was night and day. The original was very crisp. The new one looked very fuzzy. The registration was off when they manufactured that particular keyboard. You don't notice it until the backlight goes on. I called amazon once again, and finally received a perfect white torch. I love it! But there's definitely a batch out there with poorly manufactured keyboards.
    12-22-10 01:43 PM
    The part right under the screen, the 4 buttons near the track pad, they are kinda blurry when they are lit up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 02:07 PM
    The part right under the screen, the 4 buttons near the track pad, they are kinda blurry when they are lit up.

Yup I 2nd that one. They're blurry in dim lighting but luckily my keyboard is great.

12-22-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD