If you're the type of person that gives online reviews and comparisons any credence (unlike me), and you want to read a BB positive comparison:

BlackBerry Torch 9800 vs Apple iPhone 4 - News - Know Your Mobile
    08-13-10 07:58 PM
    For me, all the information and reviews can only go so far. I have to see it to believe it and therefore, I have to get my hands on it and try it out to see if it's going to suit MY needs. Honestly, I don't care if it's a BB, a Droid, or an iPhone... as long as it does what I need it do it. I'm so sick of the school-yard bashing that's been taking place the past few days. Here's hoping it'll come to an end soon...

Ha.. wishful thinking heh!

Thanks for posting a positive, non-BB-bash post
    08-13-10 08:04 PM
    For me, all the information and reviews can only go so far. I have to see it to believe it and therefore, I have to get my hands on it and try it out to see if it's going to suit MY needs. Honestly, I don't care if it's a BB, a Droid, or an iPhone... as long as it does what I need it do it. I'm so sick of the school-yard bashing that's been taking place the past few days. Here's hoping it'll come to an end soon...

Ha.. wishful thinking heh!
    My sentiments exactly.
    08-13-10 08:08 PM
    My only gripe about this review was when he mentioned the memory. Isn't it true that while the SD card on the torch can go up to 32GB and higher, you can only store apps on the 4GB of internal memory?
    08-13-10 08:25 PM
    My only gripe about this review was when he mentioned the memory. Isn't it true that while the SD card on the torch can go up to 32GB and higher, you can only store apps on the 4GB of internal memory?
    Nope. You can only store apps on the 512MB of Application Memory. This sort of ties into the "superiority" of app use on the iPhone though. Not only do they have a ton more apps (whether they're useful or not), but the iPhone also has a ton more space to store the apps.
    08-13-10 08:30 PM
    Nope. You can only store apps on the 512MB of Application Memory. This sort of ties into the "superiority" of app use on the iPhone though. Not only do they have a ton more apps (whether they're useful or not), but the iPhone also has a ton more space to store the apps.
    Haha, I thought I was wrong and you were going to say I could store it on the SD card, but you made it worse and said 512MB. Wow this sucks
    08-13-10 08:37 PM
    Thing is the article was only mentioning the memory for "storage", which in terms of a smartphone these days means for saving pics, music, videos, etc., not necessarily for apps.
    08-13-10 08:48 PM
    True, but not everyone knows that. I'm sure some people will think just because it says up to 32GB, they will think 32GB for everything including apps.
    08-13-10 09:00 PM
    True, but not everyone knows that. I'm sure some people will think just because it says up to 32GB, they will think 32GB for everything including apps.
    yeah and i was one of them. i am not a fan of downloading tons of apps, but the fact that they can only be stored on 512mb of ram is kinda messed up. lets just hope my torch does everything as it should without the need of an app
    09-03-10 11:30 AM
    yeah and i was one of them. i am not a fan of downloading tons of apps, but the fact that they can only be stored on 512mb of ram is kinda messed up. lets just hope my torch does everything as it should without the need of an app
    I think you will be hard pressed to run out of app storage on the torch! I currently have 45 3rd-party apps (IM apps, games, productivity, etc.) on mine and still have 270.8MB free. Many of these apps I only use once in a blue moon, but since I have the space available, I have them on the BB 'just in case',

I had more apps and 18 large (in terms of file size) themes on my 9700 and never had an issue with space, so even when themes start coming out for the 9800, I'm not worried about space.

(Here are the apps I have currently:
    Ambiance
    AOL IM
    Ascendo DataVault
    Ascendo Money
    Pageonce Assistant Premium
    BerryWeather
    Barnes and Noble Ereader
    Facebook
    FileScout
    FingerTrap
    Gmail
    Garmin GPS app
    Google Talk
    Google Maps
    IM+ Pro
    Labyrinth
    LaterDude Pro
    MetrO
    Mobipocket Reader
    MultiClipboard
    Number Cruncher
    OneTouch Emergency Info
    Pandora
    Pinball
    Pixelated
    Pocket Trainer
    PocketGrapes
    Pocket Informant
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    RDM+
    RemotePrint
    Shazam
    SmartWiFi
    SocialScope
    Solitaire Buddy Gold
    Three Squared
    txtForward
    U-verse Mobile
    UberTwitter
    unrar
    Vlingo (not working yet, but on the device taking up space)
    WiFi File Transfer
    Yahoo Messenger
    YouGotBlocked)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 09-03-10 at 12:31 PM. Reason: to add app list :-)
    09-03-10 12:17 PM
    As far as I am concerned it is like comparing a Mercedes to a BMW. Both great cars in their own right, but each has features that we wish the other had but until RIM and Apple merge to make a great supper phone (yea we all wish and I hope HTC helps too) we will always have these discussions.
    09-03-10 03:07 PM
    Wow, you have a phone just for supper. Wish I was that rich.
    09-03-10 05:16 PM
    Wow, you have a phone just for supper. Wish I was that rich.
    Be nice now....
    09-03-10 06:39 PM
    I agree with cestlavie77. And it is pointless to argue over which is the best phone because people will pick them for the feature sets that suit them personally. It is a completely subjective thing.
    09-19-10 12:44 PM
    I think you will be hard pressed to run out of app storage on the torch! I currently have 45 3rd-party apps (IM apps, games, productivity, etc.) on mine and still have 270.8MB free. Many of these apps I only use once in a blue moon, but since I have the space available, I have them on the BB 'just in case',

I had more apps and 18 large (in terms of file size) themes on my 9700 and never had an issue with space, so even when themes start coming out for the 9800, I'm not worried about space.

(Here are the apps I have currently:
    Ambiance
    AOL IM
    Ascendo DataVault
    Ascendo Money
    Pageonce Assistant Premium
    BerryWeather
    Barnes and Noble Ereader
    Facebook
    FileScout
    FingerTrap
    Gmail
    Garmin GPS app
    Google Talk
    Google Maps
    IM+ Pro
    Labyrinth
    LaterDude Pro
    MetrO
    Mobipocket Reader
    MultiClipboard
    Number Cruncher
    OneTouch Emergency Info
    Pandora
    Pinball
    Pixelated
    Pocket Trainer
    PocketGrapes
    Pocket Informant
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    RDM+
    RemotePrint
    Shazam
    SmartWiFi
    SocialScope
    Solitaire Buddy Gold
    Three Squared
    txtForward
    U-verse Mobile
    UberTwitter
    unrar
    Vlingo (not working yet, but on the device taking up space)
    WiFi File Transfer
    Yahoo Messenger
    YouGotBlocked)
    What? No fart app? How can any phone be complete without one?
    09-19-10 05:13 PM
    iPhone apps are also considerably bigger in most cases. Street Fighter VI was almost 250MB's alone.
    09-19-10 05:45 PM

What? No fart app? How can any phone be complete without one?
    hahahahahaha
    09-19-10 06:45 PM
    it's interesting,cause i've read a few iphone/torch comparisons, and they state that you need to do a reboot (for the bb) after you install/delete an app.

i used to have the iphone 3gs, before coming to the torc, and an iphone tech person once told me that it is highly advisable to reboot the iphone after an app install/delete. (actually, there are some iphone apps that explicitly mention it on their app)
    09-19-10 08:53 PM
    Funny...a review of two smart phones with no comparison of how well they work...as a PHONE. Times have certainly changed.
    I still thought it was a pretty good review though.
    09-24-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD