Does anyone have the XM/Sirus app. working on their 9800. I downloaded the one for the Storm/Storm 2, but it won't connect.
    10-02-10 04:58 PM
    Ya, I did the same thing and it doesn't work for me either, anyone have a solution for this? The error says the service is temporarily unavailable and to try again later. Never works.
    10-02-10 07:42 PM
    Does XM charge extra for use on the cell phone? I have 2 vehicles with XM and last time I looked they had stopped free web service so I figured cell phone would be additional $$. Just curious....
    10-02-10 07:45 PM
    Does XM charge extra for use on the cell phone? I have 2 vehicles with XM and last time I looked they had stopped free web service so I figured cell phone would be additional $$. Just curious....
    Yes....you need to upgrade to the "premium online" package. Its $2.99/month extra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 08:40 PM
    I guess we will have to wait for them to make a 9800 version....bummer!!

10-02-10 08:41 PM
    According to the ahem cough cough fine folks at Sirius "you'll have to wait for the tech guys to roll out a new update". I said OK, when can we expect one and he says "I don't know, you'll have to ask them".

OK, can I speak with them?

Tech guy (allegedly) - "we were just made aware of the new BB 9800 and have not yet began working on an update." I asked if he knew when they would, and he replied that at this time he knew of no plans to update.

Go figure.
    10-02-10 09:41 PM
    Any updates? Hopefully with the 9780 coming out soon they will be working on an OS 6 friendly version.
    10-28-10 11:43 PM
    Pandora > XM other than the news and sports channels. I am seriously considering dropping both my XM accounts and just streaming Pandora to my vehicles.
    10-29-10 12:27 AM
    Pandora > XM other than the news and sports channels. I am seriously considering dropping both my XM accounts and just streaming Pandora to my vehicles.
    Keep in mind that after a 20 hrs (i think) you need to subscribe to pandora. I have XM radio and been streaming online and on my Berry since the app was released and I confirm that since Jan 2010 not ONE app update has been released by XM-Sirius Radio.

In addition there have been some new issues with online service- the stream gets caught in a loop and basically repeats content that was just streamed 20minutes before. With music it is hard to detect, but with talk shows (O&A The Virus, The FoxHole) you can easily tell something is wrong. It has happened to me twice this month.
    10-29-10 09:20 AM
    Keep in mind that after a 20 hrs (i think) you need to subscribe to pandora. I have XM radio and been streaming online and on my Berry since the app was released and I confirm that since Jan 2010 not ONE app update has been released by XM-Sirius Radio.

In addition there have been some new issues with online service- the stream gets caught in a loop and basically repeats content that was just streamed 20minutes before. With music it is hard to detect, but with talk shows (O&A The Virus, The FoxHole) you can easily tell something is wrong. It has happened to me twice this month.

I already subscribe to Pandora, and it is a fraction of the cost of XM for one vehicle for a year. If I can figure out how to stream it to my truck I could live without XM. One Pandora account can go with you wherever you go. The only thing I would miss are the news channels, but only so much since they have constant commercials. For now I still subscribe to XM (2 vehicles) but I think it is way overpriced for what you get.
    10-29-10 09:33 AM
    I already subscribe to Pandora, and it is a fraction of the cost of XM for one vehicle for a year. If I can figure out how to stream it to my truck I could live without XM. One Pandora account can go with you wherever you go. The only thing I would miss are the news channels, but only so much since they have constant commercials. For now I still subscribe to XM (2 vehicles) but I think it is way overpriced for what you get.
    yeah I got subscriptions for 2 cars and Online as well. If regular radio didn't suck so much it would be easier to cancel XM. Pandora could definitly replace music channels, but Im hooked on talk shows, news and uncensored stuff in general. Who knows maybe when in-verhical terminal services get widely adopted we could have it all
    10-29-10 11:27 AM
    XM is better for me because I have free unlimited lifetime XMRO sub.

In any case, I choose XM mainly for the talk shows that doesn't exists anywhere else.
    10-29-10 03:19 PM
    And it's better for me because where ever I go, I have a signal, which is not true for 3G.

10-29-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD