If I traded my Torch for a HTC HD2 and a BlkackBerry 8520?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 09:08 PM
    If I traded my Torch for a HTC HD2 and a BlkackBerry 8520?

Don't you have 2? And didn't you win one of them?
    09-15-10 09:34 PM
    Three for one? Why not, what the heck at least you still have a blackberry. I had the HTC and took it right back for my BB, but the Torch is an awesome device I can't believe you giving it up.

Such a downgrade to the other devices.

09-15-10 09:35 PM
    Well technically i have 2 & yes i did win one... my husband is using the won i traded my 9700 for though. and while the Torch is cool it is limited on the tmo network and the apps etc are limited and therefore so is my enjoyment with this phone. i cant use it to it's full potential and that's just a waste of phone if you ask me. However i hear the HTC HD2 is quite a nice phone and someone is offering to trade me a 2 week old one as well as a LNIB baby blue 8520. This offer appeals to me for a couple of reasons. The obvious is I'd still have a BB that i could sell for 150.00 EASY or use as a back up in case i dont like the HTC HD2 or i could play with it for a bit and sell/trade it for a 9700 and be no worse for the wear and have a little experience under my belt with the HD2... it's a thought and i was curious to your opinions..
    09-15-10 10:53 PM
    I've never used it, but a class mate of mine has a HD2 and hates it. Personally, I'd sell and buy what I wanted

09-15-10 11:50 PM
    Well since I have 2 Torches I did traded one for BOTH a HD2 AND a BB 8520.. I am almost sad to admit I kinda like the HD2 (more than the Torch ) The HD2 has that huge screen for watching movies and video which is just plain awesome! The BlackBerry of course does not. Use of he Torch is still so limited that the HD2 is just more appealing to play with.. and i did say 'play with'.. The 9700 remains my favorite phone to date though..
    10-04-10 10:13 PM
    Use of he Torch is still so limited
    Oh really? Please do explain..

10-04-10 10:37 PM
    She's on TMo using an unlocked Torch. I'm guessing maybe BIS functionality is limited somehow?
    10-05-10 12:55 AM
    The major limitation of using an unlocked AT&T Torch on T-Mobile is that it is only capable of EDGE, since AT&T and T-Mobile use different 3G bands.
    10-05-10 01:16 AM
    A friend of mine has the HD2 with tmobile and she's more or less content with it aside from her wishing that there were more apps out there.

It's not a bad multimedia device at all and it does have its perks (that screens really great), but I always hear her complaining about having to reset/reboot occasionally because of glitches (I find it amusing when she starts asking people for a thin paper clip) and so-so messaging capabilities. Not shockingly, since my friend got the HD2 I find that she texts less frequently and much more slowly than when she had an LG feature phone last year.

Personally, I would never give up my Torch for that. I'm much more pragmatic with my phone preferences. I want something that works that I can surf the web on, key out quick emails, send a few texts, check the weather, read the news, and snap quick pictures if I have to. The Torch does all these things fine and I stay connected to everything much better than any of my non-Blackberry using friends.
    10-05-10 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD