Hey guys, i've read lots of stuff about the wobble on the torch, and i wanted to know whats the best way to prevent this RIGHT from day one.

I hear some saying they have issues, and some say that they have had ZERO problems.

I know there is a case the "GRT"? And i read someone using a bit of weather proofing strip thingy's? I dont want to risk it basically when i get my phone.

Thanks guys!
    -Sawm
    11-11-10 12:17 PM
    Another day, another "wobble thread". Good grief!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 12:32 PM
    Well, i kind of wanted this thread to be the "How to end the wobble" thread. Whether it be get the GRT case, or put weather stripping somewhere, i wanted people to drop in, once and for all, and list their solutions!
    11-11-10 01:19 PM
    Ignoring it seems to be the best method I work in medicine, and one of the doctors keeps eyeing my Torch, because his wife wants one. He asked me today if I still like the phone and I told him "it's perfect except the slider wobbles and it drives me nuts!".... he picked up the phone, jiggled it, and then said, "do you think anyone who wasn't a perfectionist would notice this?" *sigh*
    11-11-10 02:32 PM
    I have to admit that I'm the only one of my co-workers that's complains about the wobble. I picked up their phones and could feel the wobble right away. I mentioned that they should get them swapped out, but I doubt any of them will get around to it.

I'm on my third unit and I have decided I'm going to have to put to with a certain amount of wobble. This one is pretty solid with just a slight wobble when its open. Now if the rumour of "green dot" versions with fixed sliders is true.....I will be calling Rogers ASAP.

11-11-10 03:11 PM
    The only advice I have is not to buy a "thick" case and carry it in a tight pocket.
    11-11-10 05:46 PM
    I want to find about the green dot too. I am finding I am using the virtual keyboad a lot more and the moving screen is driving me nuts!!!

11-11-10 06:14 PM
    If your phone wobbles take it back. My first torch was perfect until day 36 when it shut off and never came back on. The second one had screen wobble and some loose keys, took it back and got another perfect one with no screen wobble
    11-11-10 06:58 PM
    I love my wobbly torch!
    Guys I don't know if you noticed but the phone is a slider, and some space is required for the mechanism to slide up and down. It does not affect the phone functionality in any way, and it is minor movement.
    I think you should all enjoy your wobbly phones, because the torch is an amazing blackberry. Take that from someone who also owns an iphone 4.
    11-12-10 01:10 AM
    Love it! Slightly wobbles but its negligible...
    11-12-10 06:11 AM
    LOL, another wobble thread. Its all these people with serious cases of OCD. Some wobble is to be expected, its a two piece design where one piece is separate from the other, there's going to be some movement.

I am not saying that a few of the devices we have read about aren't defective and needed to be replaced, but 1 or 2 mm of movement does not make it defective.

Now if you think its excessive then by all means take it back, but making another post to discuss the wobble is pointless.

Bottom line... They all are going to wobble to some degree. Either live with it, take it back and get another(which will probably wobble to some degree eventually again), or buy a different phone.
    11-12-10 06:28 AM
    AGF GRT Case. Available at ATT for $35 or ebay for $20.

11-12-10 06:38 AM
    Bottom line... They all are going to wobble to some degree. Either live with it, take it back and get another(which will probably wobble to some degree eventually again), or buy a different phone.
    ^This.. For phones that have a "wobble" when the slider is closed..there is a very easy remedy that should fix it which has been discussed in previous threads. As for if it's in the open position, if it's to the point where it "rattles", then take it back..but some minor play can be expected.

And for those who don't think other sliders have issues..a quick Google of Motorola's Droid sliders will tell you different.
    11-12-10 09:42 AM
    The enemy of good is perfect.

Anytime I start to let myself whine about something that could be better than it is, I just think back to my last device and how much better the Torch is.
    11-12-10 10:05 AM
    My wives torch did not wobble at all mine was a weeble wobble.
    11-12-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD