Ok so I've received my hard shell case today in the mail and I am very happy with the results compared to the Otter Box case I've been using. First of all, easier to use the side buttons (volume rocker and camera buttons) as opposed to the skin that covered the button which made it harder to click. Liked the fact that the Otterbox skin covered the usb port and headset jack but I don't mind it being missing on my new hardshell case. Most importantly it got rid of the clicking sound when using the touch screen and the slight raise caused by the Otterbox. There is a still wobble when the screen is slid up but I'd actually have to try to wobble it myself in order to notice it but won't do it on its own, in other words the slider is not loose enough for the screen to wobble on its own. This case is not the best protecive case out there but it does the job and happy it got rid of the clicky sound and the slight raise which made the screen wobble worse

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 03:53 PM
    Which case did you get? Did I miss that somewhere?
    01-20-11 03:58 PM
    Which case did you get? Did I miss that somewhere?
    The black mobi hard shell case. You'll find it in the Crackberry Store.

01-20-11 04:20 PM
    The newer Otterbox correct that issue. I have all 3 of these cases and never have any slider issues.

01-20-11 05:44 PM
    The newer Otterbox correct that issue. I have all 3 of these cases and never have any slider issues.

Which is this? Haven't heard about the new one?

01-20-11 06:00 PM
    AGF GRT is good for this problem also. Haven't had an issue since I put it on.
    01-20-11 06:00 PM
    I'm certainly going to have to try a different one. I hate how my screen sort of "clicks" up when I press any of the buttons, and I'm using the Otterbox
    01-24-11 02:24 PM
    Yup AGF GRT solves the wobble issue really well , removing how ever is death lmao the sucker is there good but hey perfect for me so I deal with it being hard to remove

01-24-11 03:14 PM
    Yup AGF GRT solves the wobble issue really well , removing how ever is death lmao the sucker is there good but hey perfect for me so I deal with it being hard to remove

In a review I was reading, in the photos, it looks a little bulky. Do you think it's more/less/ or about the same as the Otterbox?
    01-24-11 03:56 PM
    I agree. It looks way too bulky.

The best combination I have always used for my BlackBerries is with Skin and Leather Pouch.

Great protection and you can still enjoy the slimness and the chrome when you take it out.

The downside of course is the wiggle. But one day I'll get used to it.
    01-24-11 04:27 PM
    I had a cheap snap on case from one of those cell phone mall guys, I hate it so much. It changed the torch feel COMPLETELY for me.

I went back without the case with the leather pouch. Good thing I didn't pay for that case!
    01-24-11 04:43 PM
    "In a review I was reading, in the photos, it looks a little bulky. Do you think it's more/less/ or about the same as the Otterbox? "

I have the AGF GRT, and used it to replace one of those cheap hardshell cases from eBay. The GRT is MUCH more secure, better contoured to match the 'phone, and no bulkier. With the case on and the slider closed, it fits in a case for the Bold.
    01-24-11 06:59 PM
    From my experience, that otterbox case sucked. My brand new torch as soon as I got home from AT&T cor store would freeze. Turns out that case would lock my phone by pressing mute and lock buttons at the same time. Took the case off and was fine. Returned the case the next day. I went online onto case-mate.com and got the Barely There 2 Carbon Fiber case! Best case for the Torch by far!!!

P.S. If anyone wants to save 10 bucks off the price of this case use promo code CM12-DG20 !!!
    Last edited by otothez; 01-24-11 at 07:49 PM.
    01-24-11 07:27 PM
    Yeah but one of the reasons I got this hardshell case was to eliminate the bulkyness from when I had the Otterbox. I tried looking for the AGF GRT case but couldn't find it, I also tried asking for it on here but no one answered in time. I don't really mind for the securness of the case since I have a full protection plan on my Torch but this hardshell case is desent. If it causes me problems then I will definitely look into the AGF GRT

01-24-11 07:30 PM
    Stupid question (feel free to agree), but with a Barely There case, is there any way in "heck" (since apparently the alternative is not allowed in here) the phone would still fit into the Torch holster, which is already pretty tight? I wouldn't mind a bit more protection on my phone for when I pull it out of the holster (and say accidentally drop it on the desk, or worse, floor), but I still like the holster on my belt (rather than phone in my pocket) and the magnet turning the screen off as well as turning on vibration.
    Last edited by anton-k; 01-24-11 at 09:00 PM.
    01-24-11 08:00 PM
    I have the GRT case but I only used it for like a week. It's ok, although I don't like the way it restricts the space around the trackpad. It also won't let the keyboard slap in and out as well. I'm sure it's great for people who got the wobbling issue, but since I don't have such a problem it's more of a nuisance than a help.

I keep my torch in one of these, picked up a universal phone holster for 7 dollars in Tj Maxx, all leather and belt clip.

The torch fits in it like it was made for it. I don't care about not having that stupid magnet that turns it on or off.

Looks kinda like this:

Last edited by Shodan775; 01-24-11 at 08:04 PM.
    01-24-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD