How can I wipe and restore my Torch to factory new???? I tried using the help 101 section advice but it says "when you connect the BB, it should say COM 1 or USB-PIN:UNKNOWN. Mine ALWAYS comes up with the pin of the Torch. I cant get it to come up any other way. What can I do, I just want to restore to factory original settings to wipe it clean and reload and start over.
    12-03-10 06:10 AM
    Try using BBSAK to wipe to the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jeffreii likes this.
    12-03-10 06:27 AM
    Backup your device using Desktop Manager 6.

If you want to backup your 3rd party apps so you don't have to re-download them, you can use something like BBSAK (available in my signature).

You can then go to options/security/security wipe
    12-03-10 06:29 AM
    Try using BBSAK to wipe to the OS.
    I guess the OP should let us know if he wants to wipe the entire OS and reload it (to solve possible lag or other deep issues) or if he just wants to restore to factory defaults which a security wipe does.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-03-10 06:35 AM
    Yes as jeffreii posted, either a complete wipe(507 screen with bbsak) and reload of the OS, or just a factory reset(security wipe).

I'm not exactly sure what the OP is saying. When you plug in your device and it doesn't come up with your pin, then something is wrong with your device. It should always tell you the device pin.
    12-03-10 06:40 AM
    How can I wipe and restore my Torch to factory new???? I tried using the help 101 section advice but it says "when you connect the BB, it should say COM 1 or USB-PIN:UNKNOWN. Mine ALWAYS comes up with the pin of the Torch. I cant get it to come up any other way. What can I do, I just want to restore to factory original settings to wipe it clean and reload and start over.
    Well it's suppose to show the pin of your torch, if it doesn't then you have try other things.
    12-03-10 06:43 AM
    Thanks for all the input. I would like to wipe and restore completely if possible. If I choose the "security wipe" what would be wiped???? Would this restore the OS and eliminate things such as duplicate icons? etc. or should I wipe the OS and reload? As far as the PIN, I looked on the BB 101 lessons, and the one on restoring a "bricked" BB says to connect the micro SD cord and the com1 should change to USB-PIN:unknown, but mine doesn't so I was just checking because I used it once to fix my BB Bold 9000 and it worked, doesn't seem to be the same with OS 6 on my Torch. BTW, What is BBSAK???? Thanks,
    12-03-10 11:39 AM
    Thanks for all the input. I would like to wipe and restore completely if possible. If I choose the "security wipe" what would be wiped???? Would this restore the OS and eliminate things such as duplicate icons? etc. or should I wipe the OS and reload? As far as the PIN, I looked on the BB 101 lessons, and the one on restoring a "bricked" BB says to connect the micro SD cord and the com1 should change to USB-PIN:unknown, but mine doesn't so I was just checking because I used it once to fix my BB Bold 9000 and it worked, doesn't seem to be the same with OS 6 on my Torch. BTW, What is BBSAK???? Thanks,
    BBSAK = BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. It's a program you install to your computer to help you manage your BlackBerry. I have a download link for it in my signature.

A bricked phone is one that will not function. The OS is broken or gone and there's nothing to load.

If you do a security wipe, it will wipe out data and settings and restore everything to default.

The next level of wipe would be an entire OS wipe and reinstall. You will remove the OS from your phone (it will be momentarily "bricked") and then reinstalling the OS. In order to do so, you'll need to use BBSAK or something similar to "wipe" the device. Then you'd launch apploader to reinstall the OS.

You'll need to have the OS you want to use installed to your computer. I'm not sure which OS you're on but the latest official AT&T app version is 6.0.0.246. Many of us, though, are on 6.0.0.337 which is the latest official version for some random company called BeeLine but it's pretty good. Deciding what version to install is up to you.
    12-03-10 02:05 PM
    Thanks for all the help. I think I will try the "security wipe" first. If that doesn't work, I'll try installing and using BBSAK and see how it goes.
    12-06-10 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD