The Current Blackberry 9860 sucks at the moment, The keyboard is quite difficult to type on, the OS itself is quite dull and boring. But is it going to get the Blackberry 10 Update? If it does, I guess Torch 9860 is totally going to be an incredibly awesome investment with the kind of specifications it has and at such a cheap price.

Tried to research on this topic, Couldnt find any blog were its certain that the device may get the update. So thought Crackberry.com would be the right place to post this question. And it would be really appreciated if experts at crackberry.com answer this!

Thanks!
    10-08-12 03:01 PM
    The Current Blackberry 9860 sucks at the moment, The keyboard is quite difficult to type on, the OS itself is quite dull and boring. But is it going to get the Blackberry 10 Update? If it does, I guess Torch 9860 is totally going to be an incredibly awesome investment with the kind of specifications it has and at such a cheap price.

Tried to research on this topic, Couldnt find any blog were its certain that the device may get the update. So thought Crackberry.com would be the right place to post this question. And it would be really appreciated if experts at crackberry.com answer this!

Thanks!
    It has been stated by RIM multiple times that none of the legacy devices (ie.. running OS 5, 6, or 7) are compatible with the BB10 OS. On the bright side, the rumored BB10 devices look sweet and have killer specs to boot.. Should be well worth the investment when your contract is up on the 9860..
    10-08-12 03:13 PM
    I have the 9850 (same as 9860) and mine is awesome. From what I've read, the answer is NO. It won't be able to handle the processor needs.
    10-08-12 03:14 PM
    Hi and WELCOME to Crackberry! From what I've read here, there was a article/post on the homepage,
    that "I beleive" it was a person from Blackberry that OS7 (which is on my phone, 9850, I upgrade from a Storm 2 OS5) WOULD NOT be able to upgrade to BB10.

My heart sank. One would think that they would at least make sure that the "latest" OS (Like 7!!!) would be able to upgrade to BB10. Fortunatly for RIM, that means more sales.......For me, that means I'm stuck on OS7 for another year or two.

I know there are hardware/compatability issues, but hey, I don't think they have to throw out the latest phone releases.

It was my understanding that BB10 WAS going to be able to upgrade the latest OS 7 devices. Then a few months later, (AFTER I bought my Torch 9850), we learn that it would not be supported. Kinda bites.

I love Blackberry and the hardware. Will stick with it ( I have 2 64 Gb PBs, one connected to AV system with every cd I own on it, and a few movies on it (which I rotate for space), and my "work" Playbook, which always at my side or in my camera bag.

But, I ain't buying no phone for a couple of years..........unless a kind benefactor would..........

Stick with it. You will love the pairing of the Playbook to ANY BB phone you have.

C
    10-08-12 03:21 PM
    will BB Link copy / back up / transfer all my data from the torch 9860 and move it on to the Z30?

I am a little hesitant in case i lose all my files.
    01-23-14 07:44 PM
    will BB Link copy / back up / transfer all my data from the torch 9860 and move it on to the Z30?

I am a little hesitant in case i lose all my files.
    Yes BBLINK should work to transfer all your compatible data to the bb10 phone. If you read around the forum some people have had issues, but it has worked fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:04 AM
    Hello,

I am using a 9860. What is the latest official OS for it ?
    Thanks in advanced
    01-29-14 09:06 AM
    It will never get the bb10 update. Never! They are two totally different systems. I'm even a little angry that a year later since BlackBerry 10 was released anyone can even ask such a ridiculous question. If you want BlackBerry 10 then go buy a BlackBerry 10 phone. Smfh.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 01-29-14 at 09:54 AM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-29-14 09:40 AM
    Surprised that you would think this. The old phones took no specs as the operating system was so out Dated. The bb10 os is state of the art. How would these be compatible?

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    01-29-14 09:46 AM
    Arghhhhhhhhhhh
    02-03-14 10:26 AM
    i did some research on the net and it says only torch 9860 and all the torch modules will support inly up to 7 and 7.1 bundle versions only !bcz the processor and phone specifications can not be supported to go beyond that .
    11-27-14 04:35 AM
    Please note that this is a 2 year old post

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-04-14 01:34 PM
    Is there any word on a OS10 Version of a Torch style device? a large screen slider keyboard type device?

I'm okish with my new classic, but I miss the larger widescreen of my torch for watching videos.. which I do alot of..

ENB..//
    01-04-15 10:51 AM
    Bwhahahahahahahahahahaaa

Sent from my Passport
    01-19-15 09:21 PM
    Is there any word on a OS10 Version of a Torch style device? a large screen slider keyboard type device?

I'm okish with my new classic, but I miss the larger widescreen of my torch for watching videos.. which I do alot of..

ENB..//
    Yes. It's supposed to be rolling out around Christmas time. There's no word on what it will be called, but it had a very brief appearance at the 2015 Mobile World Congress. Looks sweet. I might get one myself.

PaulJ
    05-16-15 10:53 PM

ENB..//
    It's called the BlackBerry Venice, and rumors are going around that it will be Android powered, not BlackBerry 10 OS.

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    07-08-15 03:22 PM
    It's called the BlackBerry Venice, and rumors are going around that it will be Android powered, not BlackBerry 10 OS.

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    Let's make sure no one forgets that these are rumours.

I'm seriously hoping it's BlackBerry10, else the Passport I'm currently on will likely be the phone I use until it dies completely..

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-21-15 05:13 PM