15 percent lost in 37 minutes of using it off and on with only MSN running and BBM. While I only started using new battery yesterday.... This is ridclious as not even my old android drained THIS fast. I'm on .448

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 02:22 PM
    Nothing running in the background?

Try lowering your screen brightness. Mine is on 10 and I barely notice a difference.

Also keep wifi and bluetooth off unless you're using them.
    08-10-11 02:37 PM
    15 percent lost in 37 minutes of using it off and on with only MSN running and BBM. While I only started using new battery yesterday.... This is ridclious as not even my old android drained THIS fast. I'm on .448

I would upgrade the OS to .600. I do think you need to look at what might be running in the background. Apps will drain the battery if you leave them open. I have bluetooth and wifi on all the time and still get through a whole day with pretty heavy use.

At this point don't blame the phone, it could be operator error!
    08-10-11 02:50 PM
    I would upgrade the OS to .600. I do think you need to look at what might be running in the background. Apps will drain the battery if you leave them open. I have bluetooth and wifi on all the time and still get through a whole day with pretty heavy use.

At this point don't blame the phone, it could be operator error!
    I second the OS upgrade suggestion as well as double checking that everything has been closed down correctly. Press and hold the BB button after you have closed out of everything and you should only see 5 icons, anything else has not been closed correctly and is eating battery life. Plus, give the battery a few days to seat in to your phone.
    08-10-11 03:10 PM
    Sometimes it is just a bad phone. I had my original replaced due to some issues and the new one wouldn't even go for half a day. Very slow performance, lots of lags, etc. Got another one sent to me, switched devises the same way and they are night and day.

Exact same load on phone and OS, completely different battery life. Half a day if lucky vs. one full day plus.
    08-10-11 06:54 PM
    I intentionally have not charged my battery for the past couple of days to see how long it would last. I am a pretty heavy user in the evening time, but not so much during the day. I was rather surprised to see the battery last for nearly 3 days!

I keep my screen brightness on 10%, Bluetooth and WiFi are on all the time, and I do not keep any extra apps running (just the main 5). I am running .600. I typically let my batteries completely drain themselves, to the point the device shuts its self down, at least once a month. Then I charge them to 100% before regular use again.

I would give the battery a few days to condition to the use of the phone, as well as the OS. You may also want to check your back light timeout setting, and decrease it.
    08-10-11 07:22 PM
    While I only started using new battery yesterday.... This is ridclious as not even my old android drained THIS fast. I'm on .448
    Where did you buy the battery? Is it a real BB or some knockoff?
    08-10-11 08:30 PM
    I notice my battery is going down faster at sometimes, then is see that my browser, weather channel, and Garmin GPS are often running in the background. I have had other BB users verify that I am closing he apps correctly. Three or four hours later I find them running again, and the battery has lost more charge. Is anyone having the same trouble, and if so what is the fix.
    08-11-11 03:18 PM

In a few years, but it's pretty darn good now. Contrary to certain posts, Lithium Ion batteries do not have a memory, and do not 'seat', whatever that means. Some people believe it's good to charge the new battery, and let it drain itself out, but you only need do that once. As many have stated, wifi, bluetooth, and background programs drain the battery. My old Bold, and current Torch would go the entire day with a lot of talking. Plus, as mentioned, turn down the backlight, and the duration it stays on. Plus plus, it never fails to amaze me that if you are a heavy user of the phone, or for that matter anyone, keep an extra battery in your pocket or briefcase in the event you have a really long day. I always have one in that event, they cost little enough. You need to realize that these are really small batteries, and they are powering pretty sophisticated devices. It's not like you get the amperage of 4 D batteries, the thing is tiny!!!!! You need to be realistic about how long a battery can go without a recharge, technology changes, but battery technology has been slow to change. Seen the size of the battery in a Prius? It's about 1/2 the size of the back seat.
    08-11-11 03:37 PM
    The only thing that kills my battery fast is making calls. 10m call, 19% battery drain. Otherwise I can use the phone constantly and end around 35% battery left.

08-11-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD