So I had the wiggle problem and I chose to ignore it now the screen has become so loose that I have to squeeze the phone in order to get it into the holster without the lip going under the screen plus using the touch. Is so annoying with the screen moving as much as it does I contacted att and they are calling it physical damage I also contacted rim and they don't see it as a "known " issue so they too are calling it physical damage I've used the oem holster for the last 2 months the phone is basically falling apart with light ginger usage what can I do to get my phone replaced?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 02:40 AM
    Not that many people reporting that their phone is falling apart so AT&T would be well within their ability to not call this a known issue.

Not a lot of hope for you.
    11-09-10 05:50 AM
    I don't know about ATT but with rogers when the phone doesn't work properly they troubleshoot it over the phone with you and if it can't be resolved they send you a new or refurb, depending on the age. I would call claiming software issues, phone and pretend to troubleshoot with them, and then make sure it didn't work right before shipping it back. I suppose if you have to do a store exchange this won't work.

11-09-10 05:59 AM
    I would vigorously dispute their over-the-phone assessment that this is "physical damage." I would tell them in no uncertain terms that it is a manufacturing defect covered by the warranty, and I would demand a replacement.

The wobbliness of the slider is definitely a known issue. They are lying if they say otherwise. My second Torch wobbled so badly you could have used it as a rattle. The one I have now didn't wobble at first, but started to wobble a bit with only minimal usage; so it stands to reason if yours wobbled at first and then got worse, that manufacturing defect of an initial wobble was the root of the problem. Just because a defect worsens doesn't convert the defect into "physical damage."
    11-09-10 06:33 AM
    So I had the wiggle problem and I chose to ignore it now the screen has become so loose that I have to squeeze the phone in order to get it into the holster without the lip going under the screen plus using the touch Is so annoying with the screen moving as much as it does I contacted att and they are calling it physical damage I also contacted rim and they don't see it as a "known " issue so they too are calling it physical damage I've used the oem holster for the last 2 months the phone is basically falling apart with light ginger usage what can I do to get my phone replaced?

I'd also tell them that you're keyboard is defective too..because it's apparent that none of your "periods" or "comma's" seem to be working..

You can use this post as evidence if need be
    11-09-10 08:46 AM
    I'd also tell them that you're keyboard is defective too..because it's apparent that none of your "periods" or "comma's" seem to be working..

You can use this post as evidence if need be

Is there a like button somewhere? hahaha.......Nice =)~

~LB
    11-09-10 11:26 AM
    call them and say the headphone jack or the memory card slot doesn't work, expect your new device in 3-5 business days.
    11-09-10 11:43 AM
    i went into a device service center and they could not dispute this device was simply just falling apart they replaced it no questions asked as for att's customer support it is obveously flawed if they cannot fix an issues simply because its not a chronic issue i guess you gotta rally your troups to get your phone replaced on warranty over the phone
    11-09-10 03:10 PM
    LOL - Keyboard is still borked though.

Capital letters seem to also be an issue.

Sorry, I know it's a forum and all, but I cry when I see the grammar, spelling, and punctuation used today. I feel like the last person in the world to still use complete sentences. Also, I can't stand text speak. I spell out words and use punctuation in texts. I just do. You can't tell me that using '2' instead of 'to' really saves you that much time. It's just lazy.

/rant
    11-10-10 07:31 AM
    ^I completely agree with the above rant. I like to think that CB'ers are above the level of discourse more commonly associated with 13 year old girls.

11-10-10 09:29 AM
    The great thing is though..you can actually go into your BB and go into Word Substitution..and create your own, so that you can type ur and have it come out as "you're"..or wtf as "why the face" Simplifies texting while still being able to keep the pronunciation.
    11-10-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD