I have WiFi File Transfer installed as part of Fixmo Tools. I use it regularly and love it.

However, I am a little disappointed that it does not have the option for the web interface to prompt for a password before files are accessed.

Case in point is that if I am doing a file transfer at the office, as long as the application is on, everyone on the same subnet can access my media card. Also, it is possible to forget to shut down properly (hit END instead of BACK) and leave it running in the background.

Right now I set the port to random to minimize the risk of someone wandering into my BlackBerry. But an ability to set a password to authenticate the client would be nice.
    03-18-11 08:21 PM
    There is an application in mobihand called "PortaServer". Its also a file server and its free. It prompts for password when accessing it through the pc browser. The disadvantge is that you can only download from the device, but can't upload. But it may work as an alternative for downloading in public places for the time being.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-18-11 at 08:57 PM.
    03-18-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD