So this morning was the first time I tried the Wi-Fi Wireless music sync on my new torch BB6.

Simply awesome. What are your thoughts on it?

I just love this new feature in BB6.
    10-15-10 07:39 AM
    I agree, and I weep that I can only use my iPod in my car for music (my car has a dedicated iPod connection in the glove compartment), because I have to remove it and manually sync it to the computer anytime I download new music onto my PC. With Wi-Fi Music Sync, this process is virtually seamless -- the new music just appears on my BB. Excellent job, RIM. Steve Jobs: get a clue. Not that it would help with my relatively lowly 5th generation iPod, but still.
    10-15-10 07:56 AM
    I actually haven't tried it yet. I want to soon though. I never use my phone as a music player.
    I have my toy, I mean iPod Touch as my dedicated music player. (I only listen to music in my car)
    10-15-10 08:06 AM
    Frankly, I'd prefer to use my Torch as a music player in the car, particularly given Wi-Fi Music Sync. If I could find some cable that would convert an iPod plug to a regular 1/8" stereo plug input, I'd be a happy camper, though I'd be even happier still if the Bluetooth in my car wasn't just limited to handsfree. It's maddening to only be able to hear calls through my stereo via Bluetooth.
    10-15-10 08:31 AM
    I wish it could be set to auto sync when I walk into the house. So I could set and forget. But otherwise I love it.
    10-15-10 01:52 PM
    I wish that they extended this to photos and videos you take... Sync them to the computer so that way that are backed up.
    10-15-10 02:06 PM
    I wish it could be set to auto sync when I walk into the house. So I could set and forget. But otherwise I love it.
    Agreed. I love it, but this would be a nice feature to have.
    10-15-10 02:08 PM
    This feature is incredibly awesome. I've had some troubles getting it to work because of my home setup, but once it's working, I really love the ability to pull down any songs from my home computer that I need. Definite thumbs up.
    10-15-10 02:16 PM
    Do you have to manually initiate the sync? On BB or computer? Haven't tried yet but maybe I'll look at it this weekend.
    10-15-10 02:17 PM
    This was so cool when I first heard about it. I haven't tried it with my Torch yet but I wonder how much more convenient it really is over just plugging it in. I don't imagine myself swapping music too often on my BB anyways... but it's a pretty neat feature nonetheless.
    10-15-10 03:21 PM
    This was so cool when I first heard about it. I haven't tried it with my Torch yet but I wonder how much more convenient it really is over just plugging it in. I don't imagine myself swapping music too often on my BB anyways... but it's a pretty neat feature nonetheless.
    It is a nice feature, but I close my laptop when I'm done with it, so I'd have to go and open it to be able to pull the songs, so I may as well just plug in the cable and do it. I should get an external harddrive setup on my wireless network so it is always on. Maybe for Christmas....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 04:17 PM
    stupid question, how do you do it? I'm connected to my home wifi and my computer is Win7 ultimate, so now I just have to figure this out
    10-15-10 04:32 PM
    I never tried it yet but how exactly does this feature work? If I do a wireless sync with my computer at home, in the car will I be able to access all the songs as well when there is no wifi connection?
    10-16-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD