Is pulling the battery "only" every week a good thing on a BB?

I'm not being ironic, it's a serious question regarding what to expect from a BB/BB6?
    A battery pull will refresh things if they aren't going smoothly, but it shouldn't be necessary very often at all on a Torch. I've never really had to do an actual bp because of some malfunction or performance issues, only done reboots when necessary for installation or removal of apps or themes.
    10-16-10 07:49 AM
    I rarely have to do battery pulls - not more often than my girlfriend, brother, parents have to reset their iPhones when they freeze - which isn't often either.

The battery pull issue with BBs was something with older models that did not have a lot of free memory. Apps had memory leaks and it was useful to pull the battery to reclaim some memory.

With my Bold 9000 I usually did a battery pull every 2 to 3 weeks when the free memory would drop from about 40MB to 15MB. With the Torch I never have to because my memory never gets low - and the occasional reboot for installing/removing an app or doing an OS upgrade is plenty.
    10-16-10 08:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD