I cant figure it out....

Its especially slow when I get a new text or email. It would vibrate so I immediately press the unlock button, but the phone won't unlock for a full 5 seconds or more. It's like the phone freezes for a couple seconds when a new message comes through. It happens at other times but ALWAYS when i get a message. Its very annoying. Does anyone have this problem or a solution?

I'm running .141
    09-27-10 04:39 PM
    .141 is the problem. Upgrade it and be amazed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:47 PM
    Upgrade to .246!
    09-27-10 04:51 PM
    141 is the problem. Update to 246 and you'll be good to go.
    09-27-10 04:54 PM
    even with the .225 which i have right now..
    everything is smoother and better than the .141
    so i really encourage you to upgrade
    09-27-10 10:48 PM
    Its a blackberry, what do you expect??
    09-28-10 12:01 AM
    mine went SUPER slow for a few days, so i took the battery out and put it back in and it helped. I don't know if it's a permanent fix, but it's been a few weeks and it's been fine
    09-28-10 12:23 AM
    This^

10chars
    09-28-10 12:54 AM
    This thread shouldn't exist because it's common knowledge that the Torch doesn't lag and is faster than any other phone because the OS is extremely streamlined.

09-28-10 06:45 AM
    Ignorant comment.

mine went SUPER slow for a few days, so i took the battery out and put it back in and it helped. I don't know if it's a permanent fix, but it's been a few weeks and it's been fine
    A battery pull often helps a lot - but should not be necessary - especially not regularly. I have repeatedly gone over a week without pulling the battery - usually only interrupted by a reboot to install a new app or upgrade the OS.

It's common knowledge here that the stock OS .141 is not the fastest or best option. An upgrade to .225 or .246 will make a major difference and get rid of lag and slowdowns.

The lag to unlock the phone is a bug that is fixed in .225 and .246.

Other slowness and sluggishness is fixed as well.

Some can be ignorant and complain and some can fix the problem and be happy. I hope the OP picks the latter and enjoys the Torch as much as I do!

This^

10chars
    Ignorant follower.
    09-28-10 07:32 AM
    yep upgrade to latest.246,

the release of the torch here in the uk has been put back a week, so they can ship phone without the .141
    09-28-10 07:36 AM
    Update to 246 <---- it's awesome! You won't regret doing it!
    09-28-10 07:49 AM
    This thread shouldn't exist because it's common knowledge that the Torch doesn't lag and is faster than any other phone because the OS is extremely streamlined.

I'm amazed this site even exists to be honest..seeing's how EVERY phone EVER made has never had any issues, and is better than any BB ever made.
    09-28-10 08:24 AM
    ok thanks guys...

I was with an iphone for a little so I really wasn't checking this site but could someone tell me if there is a way I can upgrade on a mac or do I still need a pc for that?
    09-28-10 08:46 AM
    ok thanks guys...

I was with an iphone for a little so I really wasn't checking this site but could someone tell me if there is a way I can upgrade on a mac or do I still need a pc for that?
    You need a PC to update your phone with a leaked OS
    09-28-10 08:59 AM
    ok thanks guys...

I thought i've heard of some people mentioning a program that can be run on the MAC that's like a PC emulator or something? Can't recall the name of it, but i'm pretty sure there is something available. I suppose i could google it..but i'm lazy..and if i can so can you
    09-28-10 09:02 AM
    I thought i've heard of some people mentioning a program that can be run on the MAC that's like a PC emulator or something? Can't recall the name of it, but i'm pretty sure there is something available. I suppose i could google it..but i'm lazy..and if i can so can you

Yeah you need to run a dual boot where you are running windows on your MAC book as well.
    09-28-10 09:03 AM
    Ok I'll look into getting that upgrade.

Yes, common knowledge because its on every newscast and newspaper so people without time to research also know. And if that was common knowledge, thats more reason to have the thread because my phone does lag.
    09-28-10 09:07 AM
    Ok I'll look into getting that upgrade.

Yes, common knowledge because its on every newscast and newspaper so people without time to research also know. And if that was common knowledge, thats more reason to have the thread because my phone does lag.
    Well good luck with getting your phone updated. You will notice a HUGE difference in useability with it. Please keep us updated with your progress.

PS..love your sig lol
    09-28-10 09:12 AM
    I just read the instructions on how to upgrade to a leaked OS and I�m not comfortable doing all of that.

Based on past history can anyone hazard a guess on how long it will be before they release an official upgrade to the OS?
    09-28-10 10:16 AM
    I just read the instructions on how to upgrade to a leaked OS and I�m not comfortable doing all of that.

Based on past history can anyone hazard a guess on how long it will be before they release an official upgrade to the OS?
    AT&T? I'd say about a year from now they might release an update.

I'm sure an official Canadian version will be released this week.

If the Canada carriers to decide to release, say, .225 officially - it will almost certainly be the exact same thing as the "leaked .225".

There's not really anything to be afraid of - you can always revert back to .141 - the worst you can do is brick your phone which is just an extra few minutes/steps to fix it.

As always, I am here to help every step of the way - feel free to PM me if you want to give it a try and I will guide you through any concerns or problems.

The download link, installation procedure and a thread devoted to the latest leaked OS are all in my signature at the bottom of this post.
    09-28-10 10:25 AM
    was in love with my torch for a few days but now that i've downloaded quite a few applications i'm sad to say i'm disappointed that blackberry didnt give the torch more power. i know i cant be the only person in the world that experiences constant latency issues. everytime i unlock it's a full 10 seconds before i can do anything. when i get a new messenger message an click on the contact its another 10 seconds before i can see the message. device constantly freezes up. i was so extremely happy to upgrade to the torch from the bold but it's really just more of the same. if i didn't have a need to utilize BES i would have swithed to an iphone long ago. im seriously disappointed in rim and honestly i want my frikkin money back!
    10-15-10 09:10 PM
    Huh? 10 seconds from unlock? What OS are you running? Upgrade to .246 if you haven't. If you have I'd say wipe it and do a fresh install cuz this isn't normal..and I personally don't experience any latency. Have you done a batt pull since installing apps? Somethings definately not right.

10-15-10 09:46 PM
    Word. And I don't miss battery pulls.

10-16-10 05:18 AM
    A battery pull often helps a lot - but should not be necessary - especially not regularly. I have repeatedly gone over a week without pulling the battery - usually only interrupted by a reboot to install a new app or upgrade the OS.
    Is pulling the battery "only" every week a good thing on a BB?

I'm not being ironic, it's a serious question regarding what to expect from a BB/BB6?
    10-16-10 07:19 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD