I have tried to download a few applications to my BB Torch and I keep getting the following message: -

Sync Items
    Unsupported Operating System
    You are using an unsupported operating system, some functionality will be disabled.

Is this message coming up because I am using prepaid card and not a contract? or it is because my phone is missing something else?

Y.
    12-27-10 06:54 PM
    I am thinking if this is not going to get fixed in the next 7 days I will return my BB and get an IPhone...
    This is the hardest phone for which to download applications compared to other phones I have had in the past.((
    12-27-10 08:20 PM
    Where are you trying to download from? Are the applications compatible with the TORCH's new OPERATING SYSTEM 6?

Be sure the apps are compatible with your device.
    12-27-10 08:47 PM
    Where are you trying to download from? Are the applications compatible with the TORCH's new OPERATING SYSTEM 6?

Be sure the apps are compatible with your device.
    Yup, what he said. Are you trying to install apps you had previously purchased for the Storm or other BB phone? Most OS5 apps are not 100% compatible with OS6.
    12-27-10 09:28 PM
    It's not an app compatibility issue.

If I'm not mistaken she is seeing that when clicking an App World link on a browser page. I see it from time to time but ignore it and go directly to App World so I never tried to figure it out.
    12-27-10 09:36 PM
    I figured it out why that error message keeps coming up.
    I have been trying to download applications for my torch from a Mac computer and it does not work well. I have to use a Windows computer for the applications to sync in well with the Torch.

I have an old Windows pc and it takes forever to download and I even get the phone stuck while it updates. It is annoying because I have had the phone for a week and it is the hardest phone to download applications for if one does not have newer equipment.

I wish it downloaded better with a Mac but such is life...
    12-29-10 01:53 PM
    Then you need to do your downloading and installing OTA (Over The Air) rather than via a computer. This uses the PHONE, rather than your computer.

I'm a Mac gal too, and do NOT use the Mac version of Desktop Manager (it's ****e), but I do run WinXP in VMware Fusion for backing up my Torch, and loading new operating systems onto the Torch.

If you're just looking to download stuff, look for OTA links for the apps you want.
    12-29-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD