I am just wonder who is unhappy with there torch and who likes there torch. I bought the 9780 today and was thinking of moving back to the full keyboard with no touch screen. I like the torch its just very hard to use i keep muting the calls when i am on the phone and just little things that are not working too well on my torch.
    11-11-10 07:33 PM
    I am fairly happy with my Torch. The first one had some issues, but the 2nd is rock solid. Your proximity sensor may be off. It should not be muting when you are using it. The screen is supposed to blank out when it comes close to your face.
    I found the torch hard to use initially, but now I am finding shortcuts, and I find myself more productive with the balance of the touch and keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 07:48 PM
    So far I am happy with my torch. This is my 3rd week with it, only issue I have is somtimes I cut the speaker on when when talking, I guess I have it too close to my face but overall I am very happy.

11-11-10 08:00 PM
    I had to adjust the way I was holding my phone. I have the AGF case or whatever and it does add a bit more space, maybe a mm or 2, so if my phone wasn't in the correct position, it wouldn't blank out the screen.

Personally I like the torch and having the option of touchscreen and physical really appeals to me too. It has it's quirks, but so does every other phone I've ever owned.

11-11-10 08:02 PM
    I'm unsure, but I'm only 3 weeks in, maybe I just need to get used to a touchscreen phone.

Cons:
    - My lock button is pretty sensitive; sometimes I've locked it and it unlocks itself.

- I hate the virtual keyboard. I find the Storm keyboard more precise to use.

- I know everyone is sick of this, but the wobble bothers me- only because I paid $680 [retail/no contract] and the wobble makes it feel like a cheaply made device. It had no wobble when I bought it, definitely does now. Acceptable when slider is extended, it's in a track and will have some play, but bothers me when it's closed. (Hey at least its not falling off, right?)

Pros:
    - I adore OS6. Everything is so easy to access, and it seems centered around messaging/networking.

- I like having a large screen, and that's probably the reason I will stick with this phone.

- I like being able to use the physical keyboard to type, and the touchscreen to swipe between screens/emails/etc. Having both is nice, and feels natural.

I love Blackberries in general, and think I will love the Torch a lot more when the world catches up to OS6 and there are more compatible apps and themes :-)
    11-11-10 08:23 PM
    I love the Torch. I also have 9300. It is hard me to type on the keys but it is a pretty ok phone.

11-11-10 08:24 PM
    I've had the phone for almost 5 days and I really enjoy it. Wish the QWERTY keyboard was a bit bigger, but aside from that its been great! No "wobble" like some are reporting. Beautiful screen resolution too.

11-11-10 08:26 PM
    loving it
    11-11-10 08:29 PM
    I have to be honest, I'm having a real hard time with mine. I am not adjusting well after 3 weeks. Actually I feel like I was expecting some real cool new device and it's like an update Bold/Storm IMO. I hate that there are hardly any good apps yet too.
    I need to decide this week what I am going to do, keep or not.
    11-11-10 08:31 PM
    Define "good apps". I have several loaded that I think are pretty good.
    11-11-10 08:37 PM
    Define "good apps". I have several loaded that I think are pretty good.
    Sorry, to be more clear I'm comparing to my wife's iPhone apps such as ESPN, Amazon, or Facebook. They seem to be far more integrated into the iphone as a program where the bb is far less fluid, almost like text linking pages. (if that can make any sense lol)
    Half the 'apps' on the Torch are like links to the mobile site
    11-11-10 08:46 PM
    Imo the 1.9 FB app is pretty good. Versions earlier than 1.8 were kinda poor.

Amazon app is very easy to use with 1 click ordering, etc. I don't have any issues with it really other than the fact that it doesn't have seller functions.

I don't use espn so no clue there. But i know there are several popular sports apps.
    11-11-10 08:48 PM
    I've been enjoying the torch. Only issues I've had is a slight wooble and my keyboard didn't feel right when I first got it but seems to be getting better with use

11-11-10 09:41 PM
    I loved the phone but having the screen completely die on me is making me want to sell it when my replacement from Rogers comes and switch to the Bold.
    11-11-10 11:55 PM
    so far im happy with it. everyday im finding new features that the bold 9700 didnt have and new apps for it. =)
    11-12-10 01:38 AM
    Now that the 9780 has 6.0 os wouldnt the features be the same as the torch ? Only difference would be the bold 9780 has no touch screen and its small screen size. The 9700 also has 6.0 os leaked verisons and the only difference between the 9780 and 9700 is the camera is much better on the new bold 9780 5 mp.. The 9780 price is $100 cheaper its $499.99 on no term !!!
    11-12-10 02:17 AM
    I'm still loving my Torch. Remind you, I've had different Blackberry devices in the past so my level of expertise helps me keep my phone clean and running smoothly. I get excellent battery life because I know how to manage my phone.

Newbies might find the phone to be slow or low on battery life and I can totally see where they are coming from. I never persuade any of my friends to get a BB because it isn't for everyone. It's something my friends gotta figure out whether the iPhone, Android or Blackberry platform is right for them. I mean most of you are signing a 2 or 3 years contract so you gotta be comfortable with the phone you choose and not something that someone tells you to get.
    11-12-10 02:38 AM
    Newbies might find the phone to be slow or low on battery life and I can totally see where they are coming from. I never persuade any of my friends to get a BB because it isn't for everyone. It's something my friends gotta figure out whether the iPhone, Android or Blackberry platform is right for them. I mean most of you are signing a 2 or 3 years contract so you gotta be comfortable with the phone you choose and not something that someone tells you to get.
    Great Point! I got my first BB 1 month ago and still addicted to it. Before this phone I had a 6 year old Samsung that only had basic functions. It was a risk to go for a such fancy BB when I was in doubt between BB, Iphone and HTC.

I can say I am very pleased with my decision, all the fun apps for other phones are great, but at the end of the day I just want to Call, message, get online and emails (sometimes Facebook, soocer scores, etc...).

My favourite practical tool is being able to chat for "free" with my wife via BBM.

regards,

AP
    11-12-10 03:24 AM
    I love it how everyone compares the apps for BB to apps for the iphone. Big difference in apps, iphone apps = play toys with some actual GTD apps, blackberry apps = mostly GTD apps with some play apps. There's no comparison in apps, more and more your seeing people say the phone is crap only because of apps. Am i getting stupid or do people only buy phones now based on how many apps there are?

As far as the original thread goes, Have had my torch since launch day, slight wobble(not enough to really bother me, no OCD), OS 6.0 is fluid now and a joy to use. At first it was cumbersome to GTD(get things done, saw it posted somewhere around here and liked it), but after a few weeks and figuring out a theme I like, Love t more and more every day.
    11-12-10 05:59 AM
    I like my torch so far. The only 2 things that put me off is the crappy hardware design (it wobbles) and the maturity of OS6. Why freaking release a damn OS when it's buggy. I wish I could use virtual keyboard on the home screen. I find it hard to type with virtual keyboard, not because of the OS but it's because of the shiiity hardware. I feel my phone moves up and down everytime I press the screen.
    11-12-10 06:55 AM
    I LOVE my Torch!!!! Bought it off contract and I really love using it. It has the teeeniest of wobbles, but I am not bothered by it. Frankly, I don't think it would have registered if I hadn't read about it here.
    I am buying the 9780 because I'm a serial BBerry buyer....oooone after the other. I'm using my 9700 today simply because I love the Thanksgiving theme I have on it, and it's not available on the Torch.

11-12-10 07:17 AM
    Torch is great - especially once you figure out how to lock the screen so you don't *** dial all of your long-lost friends in your address book.
    11-12-10 10:04 AM
    I love my Torch. The hardware and software is rock solid.

11-12-10 10:58 AM
    I have had my Torch for a month and love it! I came from WM6.5 Jack and have never looked back. This phone has great capabilities. Last night a friend and I had a search contest. My Torch beat the iPhone 4! With the Torch you have the best of both worlds; a fine touchscreen and a quality keyboard. Plenty of apps. Very easy to customize the Torch with great support. Oh, almost forgot...love the trackpad!

11-12-10 11:19 AM
    I returned my Torch after 3 days coz I hated the physical keyboard and the virtual keyboard......
    11-12-10 11:23 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD