View Poll Results: Do you think Rogers and Telus will delay the Torch 9800 release?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 50.00%
  • No

22 50.00%
    Other than the OS what else would you expect them to change?
    Improvements in the manufacturing to address numerous yet relatively minor complaints that were reported by early adopters: wobbly screen, keyboard wiggle, etc.

Another source now suggests that they're simply trying to install the latest build on the phones before release.
    09-19-10 10:09 AM
    Improvements in the manufacturing to address numerous yet relatively minor complaints that were reported by early adopters: wobbly screen, keyboard wiggle, etc.

Another source now suggests that they're simply trying to install the latest build on the phones before release.
    Ahh I see. Well you know just as well as I do that RIM would never absorb the cost associated with manufacturing changes. So in that regard, you're absolutely right about them being the identical devices. Just keep you eyes open for a Mexico 4 build, seems to be the one with the least complaints.
    09-19-10 10:12 AM
    If they are, you'll either here it Monday morning or not at all.
    09-19-10 10:34 AM
    hmm...Rogers has been telling me the 24th. As I patiently wait...I hope I won't be waiting any longer :S
    09-19-10 10:44 AM
    Any new news ??
    09-19-10 01:21 PM
    I think it's too late for a delay at this point, with less than a week left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 01:34 PM
    Even though I am not Canadian, it might be a good thing to delay the release as it might mean that the OS that the devices releases with could have a great many patches that make the device even better than the one released in the US. I have always felt that the US release was rushed and have been a fan of getting a better device later than an early device with minor issues that could have been avoided.
    09-19-10 01:35 PM
    Even though I am not Canadian, it might be a good thing to delay the release as it might mean that the OS that the devices releases with could have a great many patches that make the device even better than the one released in the US. I have always felt that the US release was rushed and have been a fan of getting a better device later than an early device with minor issues that could have been avoided.
    But can't we just update the OS ourselves?
    09-19-10 02:27 PM
    Sure you can. But wouldn't you rather enjoy setting up the devices and using it sooner with the work already done for you?
    09-19-10 02:32 PM
    Sure you can. But wouldn't you rather enjoy setting up the devices and using it sooner with the work already done for you?
    Not if it means waiting a week. Haha.

09-19-10 02:37 PM
    No! I can do it myself... especially if that means I can get it a week earlier. When I get the torch im gonna have to plug it into the computer anyways to restore all my files, I can spend a few more minutes updating it as well. Eh?
    09-19-10 02:40 PM
    lol.. Agreed! I would have gladly taken it on US release day.. even with all the issues you've had to work through. This Canadian release can't come soon enough for me!
    09-19-10 02:44 PM
    No! I can do it myself... especially if that means I can get it a week earlier. When I get the torch im gonna have to plug it into the computer anyways to restore all my files, I can spend a few more minutes updating it as well. Eh?
    Agreed but it will be more than a few minutes to update the OS. When you migrate the devices, only move the data/settings and not everything.
    09-19-10 02:55 PM
    Not everyone knows how to do an OS update though. That's where the problem lyes.

09-19-10 06:10 PM
    That's true... But I already have the latest leaked os installed in my computer and is just waiting for the torch to arrive in my hands for a quick os upgrade.... Been waiting patiently for this so rogers better not delay the torch.

09-19-10 06:24 PM
    According to Miranda from RedBoard we should hear news on Monday(Today) if the Torch will be delayed for Rogers.
    09-20-10 02:25 AM
    i say no delay!! lol
    09-20-10 08:22 AM
    Where is that said on redboard if there is a delay well hear today. I dont see that anywhere

09-20-10 08:27 AM
    Where is that said on redboard if there is a delay well hear today. I dont see that anywhere

yeah I didn't see it either
    09-20-10 08:31 AM
    Seriously where are you getting that, as of Friday, they don't seem to work weekends, there was no delay.

09-20-10 08:36 AM
    ChrisD above is the one who mentioned it. I'd be happy to see exactly were it says this.

09-20-10 08:38 AM
    Welcome Monday... Still no news yet. I probably checked this website 5 times already this morning. I guess we just wait eh?
    09-20-10 08:52 AM
    posted on redboards

RogersMiranda says:
    September 14, 2010 at 12:37 pm

The launch date is September 24. If there are any delays to communicate, we will let customers know.
    Reply to this comment

RogersMiranda says:
    September 17, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Many of you are asking about the launch date. It is still Sept. 24. If this changes, we’ll update the post to let customers know.

but nothing about today's date being the final day
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-20-10 at 09:12 AM.
    09-20-10 09:01 AM
    No delay!!!!
    09-20-10 09:02 AM
    Wow.. 50/50 I’m liking the optimism! I want nothing more than to have this baby in my hands on the 24th! No news is good news I guess..
    09-20-10 09:04 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD