I have researched from other threads and it seems 'talklock' is the app to use in this situation. Has anyone tried it or a similar program if one is available for the torch? As stated in the title, my cheek keeps pressing the 'hold' button. I have to angle my phone away from my face. I am glad the speaker phone is decent lol.
    09-24-10 10:40 AM
    Are you using a screen protector or something? The proximity sensor should turn the screen off as soon as you put the phone to your ear.

If something is blocking the proximity sensor or distorting it - like a screen protector - then it will malfunction.
    09-24-10 10:58 AM
    I am having the same issue with my Torch. I guess its because I have a screen protector on thats blocking the proximity sensor.

I'm also interested in any apps that could help solve this issue.
    09-24-10 11:45 AM
    When I am not using my Jabra Stone BT earbud, I try to hold the phone away from my face. The proximity sensor does its job well with no protector.
    09-24-10 11:54 AM
    patternlock works great. that's what I use. I had this problem happen to me a couple times, and I don't even use a screen protector
    09-24-10 12:14 PM
    patternlock works great. that's what I use. I had this problem happen to me a couple times, and I don't even use a screen protector
    i thought patternlock was just a tool to lock/unlock your phone. I did not know it had a lock for a 'call' feature.
    09-24-10 01:54 PM
    i thought patternlock was just a tool to lock/unlock your phone. I did not know it had a lock for a 'call' feature.
    Yes, it has multiple settings for the call screen lock. Personally I don't have it enabled because my proximity sensor works perfectly so I don't know how well it works.
    09-24-10 02:39 PM
    i have patternlock, but dont know how to use this feature. i ll figure it out, just like i have to figure out why my proximity sensor is not working as it should
    09-24-10 03:07 PM
    There's an option menu in the PatternLock options called "Call Screen Lock".

The most common cause of the proximity sensor not working is a screen protector or other object blocking it - it's right next to the LED light on the top right (front) of the device.
    09-24-10 04:44 PM
    Issue resolved now. I was using a thick privacy screen protector. I took it off and applied a zagg shield. proximity works just fine now.
    09-30-10 10:32 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I do not use any screen protector.
    It must be to do with how quick you put the phone up to your ear and whether your cheek hits the screen first. Happened 2-3 times now. I'm gonna try out some apps to solve it.
    09-30-10 10:38 AM
    If you bother to take a few extra seconds BEFORE you apply the screen protector, take some scissors or a razor blade and cut out around the proximity sensor. I basically cut straight across from where the protector dipped for the speaker, and kept that cut going for another 3/4" or so. Then round the cut back up like the other side of the speaker. The proximity sensor is exposed, but your screen (98.9999% of it) is still protected.
    09-30-10 11:42 AM
    I took my privacy screen protector off... and now using the Stormslider which gives me the options to use only for the phone or as a lock and it works great!
    09-30-10 02:02 PM
    I don't have any screen protector but when I shift holding position I occassionally mute the call even though the screen is completely dark.
    09-30-10 10:41 PM
    I don't have any screen protector but when I shift holding position I occassionally mute the call even though the screen is completely dark.
    Are you sure during your 'shift process' you are not pressing the mute button on the top of the device? It's easy to do. That button continues to operate even when the screen is dark.
    10-01-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD