01-28-11 09:53 AM
26 12
tools
    when is the Torch gonna get a new update .... the 9700 has received several updates now since the first leak and nothing for the Torch since .337
    01-27-11 05:58 AM
    Patience my friend, new update doesn't always mean it will be better. 337 is pretty stable, are you facing any issues with it?

We have been waiting for an update for the 9780 for a long time, but when we got the latest leak, it turns out to be that the cursor in BBM messages disappears. Uninstalled it within an hour.
    01-27-11 06:03 AM
    The only issue I had with .337 was push to calendar issues. I have an app the pushes info to my calendar but it would not work with .337. Other than that, it worked fine.
    01-27-11 06:19 AM
    I'm hoping the next update they fix the low volume issue.
    01-27-11 06:29 AM
    Just two small issues..

- low volume, not too much to low just 2db more would be nice
    - long conversation start in the middle of convo when you reply, not at the end

Otherwise it is really solid.
    01-27-11 07:28 AM
    I'm getting my 9800 in a few days. I can't wait. My brother hates touch screens, so he's trading his 9800 (NIB) for my used 9700. haha. Gotta love him!
    01-27-11 07:31 AM
    Need more volume
    01-27-11 07:58 AM
    Another issue with .337 is sometimes after you hang up from a phone call, no icons are on the screen / the tray disappears. Have to lock the phone and unlock it to get the icons / tray to come back.
    01-27-11 08:10 AM
    Another issue with .337 is sometimes after you hang up from a phone call, no icons are on the screen / the tray disappears. Have to lock the phone and unlock it to get the icons / tray to come back.
    This happens to me occassionally. Another way to correct it is to simply rotate your device from portrait to landscacpe.
    01-27-11 08:16 AM
    In addition to the volume issue, many of us are having problems with the camera not working (have to do a battery pull every time you want to take a picture) and icons not staying where you put them. All minor compared to earlier versions but I'd welcome an update that's for sure.
    01-27-11 08:37 AM
    Forget a 6.0 update, I'm ready for 6.1 so I can finally kill those useless tabs!
    01-27-11 10:57 AM
    Also, photos taking forever to load at times when viewing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:01 AM
    Anyone having issues with the way new birthdays come up in the calendar? If a birthday is, for example, Jan 25, it shows it on both Jan 25 and Jan 26 in the calendar, even though it's just listed as a day event for Jan 25. Then whey synching with Outlook, it's completely messed up - comes up with weird alarm, begin, and end times. This is only for new birthdays that you enter, not any existing ones. The only fix I know is to go into the calendar and update each one to start at 12:00am and end at 11:59pm and then after change it to a full day even.
    01-27-11 03:48 PM
    Patience my friend, new update doesn't always mean it will be better. 337 is pretty stable, are you facing any issues with it?

We have been waiting for an update for the 9780 for a long time, but when we got the latest leak, it turns out to be that the cursor in BBM messages disappears. Uninstalled it within an hour.
    agreed it is pretty stable, and with the lack of updates I am guessing we will be seeing 6.1 instead of another update which is somethin to look forward to, more features to make the experience better.
    01-27-11 03:53 PM
    Anyone having issues with the way new birthdays come up in the calendar? If a birthday is, for example, Jan 25, it shows it on both Jan 25 and Jan 26 in the calendar, even though it's just listed as a day event for Jan 25. Then whey synching with Outlook, it's completely messed up - comes up with weird alarm, begin, and end times. This is only for new birthdays that you enter, not any existing ones. The only fix I know is to go into the calendar and update each one to start at 12:00am and end at 11:59pm and then after change it to a full day even.
    LOL. I had that problem as well. Could not figure out why it was doing that. Nice to know it wasn't just me...
    01-27-11 08:00 PM

It is a bug and should not be doing that. I had that issue long ago and corrected all my calendar entries. Now it does not happen anymore after clearing the corruption.

======================

I am betting VERY SOON we'll see some 9800 love! I cannot say more. I just hope it is worth the wait.
    01-27-11 08:21 PM
    agreed it is pretty stable, and with the lack of updates I am guessing we will be seeing 6.1 instead of another update which is somethin to look forward to, more features to make the experience better.
    Sorry...don't agree with it being more stable. Some issues I'm having:

- low volume (especially speaker phone)
    - problems with proximity sensor so I mute the call without realizing it(sometimes)
    - freezes up occasionally
    - and finally, not really a problem but like so many others here, would like customizeable trays

I haven't experiences any of the other problems like the camera issue. My problems are not anything major but definitely not a solid build.

On a positive note, I had a Storm 2 before and the battery lasted one day on average having to recharge it every night. When it got stolen and I had to replace it I selected the Torch and am surprised at how much he battery power lasts. I can go 2 days with light use (a few short calls, some browsing, lots of emails).

I agree with your assessment that we'll probably get 6.1.
    01-27-11 08:26 PM
    I found I'd always have leftover notifications when I clicked on the notification bar. The only way to clear them is to do a battery pull and I got sick of doing that every day.
    01-27-11 08:37 PM
    It drives me crazy how when you open text messages, it opens in the middle of the convo. Low volume is annoying too
    01-27-11 08:38 PM
    It drives me crazy how when you open text messages, it opens in the middle of the convo.
    Ha...you're right...forgot about this one! Happens to me too.
    01-27-11 08:55 PM
    Anyone having issues with the way new birthdays come up in the calendar? If a birthday is, for example, Jan 25, it shows it on both Jan 25 and Jan 26 in the calendar, even though it's just listed as a day event for Jan 25.
    Same problem on my 8703 and 9000. Are you syncing to google calendar by chance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:45 PM
    Ha...you're right...forgot about this one! Happens to me too.
    Yes this has been driving me bonkers since day 1. I only text maybe 2 or 3 people (rest have bbm, which works fine) so it's not that much of a nuisance. One of the texters is the girlfriend though, so that's annoying.

I also hate how when I'm not logged into crackberry and I hit "REPLY" it makes me log in, and then takes me to my control panel, so I have to go find the post again (via the back button/reload or whatever other means)

Similar issue, similar annoyance. lol make crackberry smarter! if i click reply, make me login, and redirect to the same page I was at damnit! hahaha

kbai
    01-27-11 11:01 PM
    It drives me crazy how when you open text messages, it opens in the middle of the convo. Low volume is annoying too

Just back out of the text, and enter into it again. It goes to the bottom. Or, swipe the screen left, then swipe it back to the right. It does the same thing.

I do however find this really irritating.

Anyone try the new BDHPv6?
    01-27-11 11:04 PM
    Anyone try the new BDHPv6?
    just finished installing it. no errors upon install. i had no complaints about their previous hybrids, but never saw a HUGE improvement over stock OS. its better than nothing though and seem to be working well.
    01-28-11 02:08 AM
    01-28-11 09:15 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD