It only flashes on OS 448, its not an issue or a bug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i can't speak to the bug issue, but i'm on 448.
    it flashes, but it charges. I don't see an issue.

at first, I had to look real close because I had to stare for a few seconds to see the bolt, to make sure it was charging. it charges just fine.
    04-07-11 11:23 AM
    Hummm is the phone actually charging? If it is who cares if the bolt flashes or is solid?
    As I'm reading this thread I keep wondering the same thing. I really don't get what the "charging issue" is. Is it a charging issue or an inconsequential symbol issue?
    04-07-11 09:29 PM
    It flashes on .526 and that means it's charging.

This is just an animated charging indicator. Nothing wrong with the charging function, at least on .526.
    04-07-11 09:47 PM
    Ok for starters. I am on 448 and since upgrade mine did this.

Now my observations also show it doesn't happen all the time, only at certain times. I wonder if it means its optimal charging or something? If your phone charges even though its "flashing" then I wouldn't be too worried of an animated icon.

You guys get too worried over little things haha

04-08-11 09:17 AM
    It flashes on .526 and that means it's charging.

This is just an animated charging indicator. Nothing wrong with the charging function, at least on .526.
    Yeah. I also thought the same thing, but then I realized that I dont exactly remember the icon flashing on .246. Regardless, the OS needs to be updated. .526 is my overall favorite so far. Great response, great battery (with a cool little flashing lightening bolt) and solid signal strength.
    04-08-11 09:30 AM
    I have seen numerous post on the fact that the battery charge indicator on the torch (lightning bolt) flashes on and off on the torch. Someone said they have had 3 phones and they all have done this even when trying different cords and outlets.

Has blackberry acknowledged this issue and when they will fix it.
    I don't know, I kind of like the flashing icon.
    It's an activity indicator showing that you're phone is actively charging.
    04-08-11 09:35 AM
    Did everyone miss that his berrybuzz if affected by this and that's why he has a problem with it? When the bolt it there the app is acting accordingly, when it isn't there, it doesn't.

I highly doubt he's overly concerned with the bolt past the fact that when it goes out, it affects his app.

04-08-11 01:48 PM
    Who says its a bug? How do we know that this isn't the way its suppose to be on that particular OS. We complain a lot about nothing.

04-09-11 10:56 AM
    As far as I can see, it's just meant to flash on and off. What's the big deal?
    04-09-11 11:33 AM
    Did everyone miss that his berrybuzz if affected by this and that's why he has a problem with it? When the bolt it there the app is acting accordingly, when it isn't there, it doesn't.

I highly doubt he's overly concerned with the bolt past the fact that when it goes out, it affects his app.

yes i think thats his main issue, but i know for a fact the animation is part of the UI of the OS, so its there to stay.

OP it could be worth dropping the app maker for your affected app as they may need to tweak it for this new introduction.
    04-10-11 01:53 AM
    Thread title is very misleading. There is no charging issues with the torch but rather an app that the OP is using. Contact the vendor of the app to fix it, this is not RIM's problem.

Out of curiosity, i use a third party app that completely changes the charging icon and i have no flashing icon. Winder if that would mess up the app also. Not exactly sure how a UI icon would have anything to do with how the app tells if the phone is charging or not.
    04-10-11 06:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD