Haven't found an uptime thread for the Torch, so just wanted to share...

Without realizing, I've gone 31 days since my last restart!
    Am down 54.6mb, but am not experiencing any lag whatsoever.

Now that I've realized how far i've gone I kinda want to keep pushing it. Especially since 24hrs it would have been a long time on my S2...

How long have you guys made it?
    01-03-11 09:52 AM
    Wow that's a long time.. Mines only a couple hrs... I'm kinda jealous for some reason...

Wanna learn a neat trick I saw yesterday? Press alt+shift+del at the same time turn on super battery mode...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 10:02 AM
    Wow that's a long time.. Mines only a couple hrs... I'm kinda jealous for some reason...

Wanna learn a neat trick I saw yesterday? Press alt+shift+del at the same time turn on super battery mode...

Not very nice to trick people into doing things they don't know what they actually do. You should be ashamed of yourself.

For those of you that don't know, what this(wont give you the satisfaction of a swear word to flame me) person posted was a way to do a "soft" reset of your device.
    g.james73 likes this.
    01-03-11 10:18 AM
    Shame on you joewoo!
    01-03-11 10:19 AM
    I thought "super battery mode" through secret keys was a good indication of it being a joke...

Guess it might go over the heads of some people... My bad..i

01-03-11 10:22 AM
    Haven't found an uptime thread for the Torch, so just wanted to share...

Without realizing, I've gone 31 days since my last restart!
    Am down 54.6mb, but am not experiencing any lag whatsoever.

Now that I've realized how far i've gone I kinda want to keep pushing it. Especially since 24hrs it would have been a long time on my S2...

How long have you guys made it?
    It took you that long to get the battery door off? It only took me 3 weeks.
    01-03-11 10:33 AM
    Are there any benefits in NOT doing a battery pull?
    01-03-11 10:35 AM
    Are there any benefits in NOT doing a battery pull?
    You don't necessarily have to do a battery pull, there is an option to turn the device off at a specified time and have it turn back on on a specified time. Always a good idea to do at the very least a soft reset daily, or just turn it off and on(hence the built in feature)
    01-03-11 10:47 AM
    I wouldn't think so. If anything battery pulls (or restarts) are recommend to keep things running smooth.

I would usually do so (habit after the regular poor, laggy performance of my S2), but things have been running so smoothly I just never though about it till I checked meterberry yesterday and noticed the 30 days! Now it's more OCD than anything else...
    01-03-11 10:48 AM
    I may be wrong but turning it off and on does nothing and does not reset the device.
    01-03-11 10:50 AM
    I may be wrong but turning it off and on does nothing and does not reset the device.
    Yes and no.... it clears up file free memory(old habit on older BB's that leaked memory). On the torch its not needed as there is no memory leaks. Battery pulls should only be done when something goes wonky or installing themes or OS's.
    01-03-11 10:54 AM
    I thought the same thing. Hence the whole - pulling the battery with the device on... But, if it is the same thing, that's great to know
    01-03-11 10:55 AM
    I thought the same thing. Hence the whole - pulling the battery with the device on... But, if it is the same thing, that's great to know
    Nothing can replace what an actual physical battery pull does. Not even all those apps that say they simulate a battery pull, nor a soft reset(alt + shift + del)
    agirl65 likes this.
    01-03-11 10:56 AM
    Yes and no.... it clears up file free memory(old habit on older BB's that leaked memory). On the torch its not needed as there is no memory leaks. Battery pulls should only be done when something goes wonky or installing themes or OS's.
    OS6 might be the most stable to date, but over the last 31 days since my last restart I've lost over 54MB - I'm sure it's all down to 3rd party apps, but leaked non the less.
    01-03-11 11:02 AM
    I have 0 memory leaks. I check it daily via the free app bb meter. I think you'll find it leaks via third party apps as you stated. Don't blame the OS for memory leaks caused by third party apps.
    01-03-11 11:09 AM
    I can't keep to one theme long enough not to do a battery pull. 31 days is impressive. I got the joke @ joe woo.
    01-03-11 11:30 AM
    I thought "super battery mode" through secret keys was a good indication of it being a joke...

Guess it might go over the heads of some people... My bad..i

I got the joke, but others might not. Good thing its a long way to Christmas cause I think Santa will forget about this "bad" by then.
    01-03-11 11:30 AM
    I get you lost 54mb of leaked memory, but wouldn't a battery pull fix that?
    01-03-11 11:50 AM
    I use QuickPull. It does a restart every night and I notice a little bit of leakage during the day. Since this does it automatically, I never have to think about it.
    01-03-11 11:55 AM
    I have gone 5 days without a reset with 0 memory leakage. File free stays solid. Stock OS (.337) with no apps installed, beta testing this and that. Even when I install my apps(which are a few and far between) i still lose 0. The OS itself has 0 memory leakage.
    01-03-11 12:06 PM
    Since getting mine in October I only had to pull my battery once when I installed LockApps a little over a week ago, but I switch back to a Bold 9700 once in a while so I technically haven't been going steady for those 3 months. Still impressive that it's held together even better than my 9700 did.
    01-03-11 12:16 PM
    I get you lost 54mb of leaked memory, but wouldn't a battery pull fix that?
    Yes it would, but then I'd loose my 31 day record
    01-03-11 01:10 PM
    Forget your record! SUPER BATTERY MODE!!!1

01-03-11 01:11 PM
    Forget your record! SUPER BATTERY MODE!!!1
    Seconded. SBM FTW.
    01-03-11 03:26 PM
    It's all over...
    Updated an app and had to reboot!

Made it to 32d2h.
    01-03-11 04:22 PM