I've got my Torch for over a month now and took hundreds of photos already but are still trying to optimize my photo/video import workflow... I have all my home photos on desktop PC in Lightroom. I find the Media Sync very limiting and awkward since its really a one way import (with BB->PC and PC->BB options) but its not a sync in a true meaning of sync.

What I am trying to say is this. I want to:

- Import all the photos taken on device to Lightroom
    - Delete some photos in Lightroom
    - Don't have them re-import next time I do Media Sync

When I delete photo in Lightroom and in the pictures/blackberry on my PC, next time I connect my device the photo gets re-imported since it is still on the device.

When i do lightroom import from pictures\blackberry the deleted photo is reimported to lightroom

I dont think there is a work around using Desktop Software Media Sync.. Are there thirt party sync utils (that do not require you to upload photos somewhere to the internet)?

What is everyone doing in respect to photo sync.
    Just looking for ideas...
    11-10-10 12:59 AM
    I've never used the sync options for media. Just plug my BB in and use it in mass storage mode. Drag and drop how ever I want, and with windows 7 snap feature, looking at 2 different folders on one screen is easy.
    11-10-10 04:23 AM
    I've never used the sync options for media. Just plug my BB in and use it in mass storage mode. Drag and drop how ever I want, and with windows 7 snap feature, looking at 2 different folders on one screen is easy.
    Yup, drag and drop is the only way I'd ever do it. The sync options were always so cumbersome for me before. I'm not sure if they still are, but dragging and dropping is much more reliable for me.
    11-10-10 05:27 AM
    You can do it with DM 6 or drag/drop or copy/paste. My vote is for the latter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 07:25 AM
    agreed.... im the same way.

i find with media sync it deforms my image and makes them all pixaly. and with me simply copying them over via mass storage i can make folders, transfer without distortion, and to be honest works much faster.
    11-10-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD