I got the BlackBerry Torch Commuter Series Case but is a little pain in the *** in the top left corner. the lock button seems not working properly. is it a hardware issue or is cuz the case? if i remove the case it goes back to normal. any help i will aprecciate it.
    and yeah i been using the torch for just 1 week. =)
    11-08-10 03:49 PM
    Case-mate barely there gets my vote. Adds no bulk and still looks sleek. Others will argue the ARFT or something. Go into AT&T and see which one you lile best. They will let you "try them on" so to speak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 04:05 PM
    Oh and to answer your question, it sounds like the case is pressing down the lock button. I bought a case from Best Buy on launch day that pressed down the lock button and rendered the phone useless when in the case, I showed them and they no longer carry that brand in that store...

11-08-10 04:07 PM
    Oh and to answer your question, it sounds like the case is pressing down the lock button. I bought a case from Best Buy on launch day that pressed down the lock button and rendered the phone useless when in the case, I showed them and they no longer carry that brand in that store...

OHH K.. thanks for your help..
    hmmm well i think i might take the risk of cutting off the top left corner since is just rubber. if that doesnt work, i will just get a new 1.
    11-08-10 04:26 PM
    I really need help on this subject too. Not much available in canada. I'd like to try on a few options

11-08-10 04:38 PM
    Check out the AGF GRT case. It makes the phone solid as a rock in the closed position. No wiggle or wobble
    11-08-10 04:44 PM
    I really need help on this subject too. Not much available in canada. I'd like to try on a few options

hey
    well right now i just cut off the top corner and it seems working fine when is in my pocket. lets see how it will behave this week.
    11-08-10 04:52 PM
    Check out the AGF GRT case. It makes the phone solid as a rock in the closed position. No wiggle or wobble
    hmmm it looks intersting, i might buy that just in case.
    11-08-10 05:08 PM
    hmmm it looks intersting, i might buy that just in case.
    No pun intended of course, haha.
    The case is a little bulky, and it hinders access to the charging port. It still charges, but it's not a great fit. I still recommend it though.
    11-08-10 05:11 PM
    No pun intended of course, haha.
    The case is a little bulky, and it hinders access to the charging port. It still charges, but it's not a great fit. I still recommend it though.
    then i guess i will stick with my otter box case.
    11-08-10 05:24 PM
    then i guess i will stick with my otter box case.
    I'm just saying... I have the otterbox case and it suucckkksss. It creaks and wobbles and barely hold on to the phone. Definitely not the quality I am used to, having had multiple other otterbox cases.
    11-08-10 05:26 PM
    Chris: I had an Otterbox case at first, and it started showing hairline cracks and finally just broke (the front cover did). I took it back to an AT&T store (where I bought it) and requested a warranty replacement. They gave me another one off the shelf. The left rubbery button with the new case did not properly push the blackberry's button. I figured it out about the time I got out to the car. I promptly went back into the store and asked for a different one. That one worked fine. Maybe they have issues with some of the rubber ones not fully pushing down on the button enough?
    All of mine were the pink rubber, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a black one or two that messed up too. You should take it back to where you got it and ask to try a different one. Or ask Otterbox. They may send you a replacement.

I have no issues with anything creaking or wobbling on this Otterbox case.
    11-08-10 05:38 PM
    I'm just saying... I have the otterbox case and it suucckkksss. It creaks and wobbles and barely hold on to the phone. Definitely not the quality I am used to, having had multiple other otterbox cases.
    i bet. i wasnt happy when i got that 1 but o well. i will use it until it cracks. i been using otterbox since i have the storm 1 but now it kind of broke my feelings..lol
    11-08-10 06:31 PM
    Chris: I had an Otterbox case at first, and it started showing hairline cracks and finally just broke (the front cover did). I took it back to an AT&T store (where I bought it) and requested a warranty replacement. They gave me another one off the shelf. The left rubbery button with the new case did not properly push the blackberry's button. I figured it out about the time I got out to the car. I promptly went back into the store and asked for a different one. That one worked fine. Maybe they have issues with some of the rubber ones not fully pushing down on the button enough?
    All of mine were the pink rubber, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a black one or two that messed up too. You should take it back to where you got it and ask to try a different one. Or ask Otterbox. They may send you a replacement.

I have no issues with anything creaking or wobbling on this Otterbox case.
    ohh k.. i bet..
    well i think i already fixed that issue of the lock/unlock button. i cut the top left corner rubber part and now is fine. but lets see. i hope it stays like this with no trouble when is in my pocket.
    11-08-10 06:34 PM
    Shame you have to spend like 40 dollars on the case and then cut pieces out. Whatever works I guess. I really want a case lol.

11-08-10 06:48 PM
    Shame you have to spend like 40 dollars on the case and then cut pieces out. Whatever works I guess. I really want a case lol.

of course i didnt pay $40.. got it on ebay for a steal price that cost me $15 free shipping. if i did pay $40 i will think it twice before i cut it off...lol =)
    ps: and yeah everything went fine after i cut it off. no more unlocked by itself when is in my pocket. =)
    11-09-10 12:51 AM
    i will post some pics later..
    11-09-10 12:54 AM
    I tried the 9700 case I had, but the magnet was in the wrong place, and the sleeper function didn't work. But I find the following cases I had stowed away work flawlessly on my Torch:
    1) Horizontal OEM case for 9700
    2) Seidio clip for BB 9550.
    I saved me some money.
    Last edited by dilipc; 11-09-10 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Typo
    11-09-10 01:12 AM
    I spent about 40 bucks and bought the black and pink otter box for my torch, AWFUL. The top doesn't even snap on, it more or less just sits on the top of your screen. didn't protect my phone from anything, in fact its rather beaten up from it not protecting it and has me in tears wishing for new white torch anyway
    11-09-10 01:22 AM
    I have been using the Seidio Innocase Surface with holster for about a week and it provides great protection and the holster is a big bonus for me. The Otterbox had a big proem with the top buttons. I posted photos and a review of them both.

11-09-10 01:56 AM
    Here's the link.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/se...photos-547390/

11-09-10 01:57 AM
    I've been using the Mobi-Products Hard Shell case from CrackBerry Store ($12.95...well, $16.95 for us Canucks.) because I was reading some claims from users that the Case Mate was scratching their Torches :-/ (a shame if true, because I love their company! My 9700 Barely-There case was GORGEOUS!) I'm really happy with this cheaper alternative, however. It looks snappy, clips on easily and securely, covers everything, and is fairly easy to remove if I need to do a battery pull.

I definitely recommend. (Link below)

Mobi Products Hard Shell Case for BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Pink - CrackBerry Canada
    11-09-10 05:25 AM
    Case-mate barely there gets my vote. Adds no bulk and still looks sleek. Others will argue the ARFT or something. Go into AT&T and see which one you lile best. They will let you "try them on" so to speak.

My vote too.

Got mine today. I must say, it's fits the Torch 100% and it looks good too.
    11-09-10 06:37 AM
    Here's the link.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/se...photos-547390/

+1. I love the Innocase. The pieces snap on securely and there's no way they should pop off. I know for a fact that the case and holster are rugged and are doing their jobs because I dropped my phone down a flight of stairs and all was well when it came to a rest at the bottom. Not a scratch or mark on it. Great case.
    11-09-10 07:31 AM
    I spent about 40 bucks and bought the black and pink otter box for my torch, AWFUL. The top doesn't even snap on, it more or less just sits on the top of your screen. didn't protect my phone from anything, in fact its rather beaten up from it not protecting it and has me in tears wishing for new white torch anyway
    i feel you.
    yeah to make the top fit i use a simcard to pop-up to the right spot. yeah is a pain in the ***, but i fix that issue already by cutting off the top corner (rubber part). you paid retail for it?..lol
    11-09-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD