Still new to Black berry and the torch. Seems to do everything really nicely, but I have one problem.

The lock button to lock the screen on the top ot the phone is waaaaay to sensitive. It is coming unlocked and activating thte screen to easily in my pocket.

What apps or fixes are there for this, like a slide to unlock, or even using the security code. What works good?
    11-10-10 09:53 AM
    to be honest i always use mine in my pocket and have been having no issues with simply hitting the top lock button.
    11-10-10 09:57 AM
    I use the keyboard lock in my signature..
    11-10-10 10:13 AM
    Patternlock
    11-10-10 10:27 AM
    +1 PatterLock Pro
    11-10-10 10:54 AM
    The button on top seems to work for me. Before I found it, I reconnected to several people I hadn't spoke to in years compliments of a** dialling.

I also have a password lock that comes on after 10 minutes of no activity.
    11-10-10 11:08 AM
    I agree the lock button is super sensitive, but like others I have found patternlock to be a good solution
    11-10-10 11:12 AM
    I know Patternlock is very widely praised ... I've been having great luck with Berry Slider. It's really not that much of an issue --- I keep mine in a holster on my belt, and I always hit the lock button before putting it away; so it's more of just a novelty for me.
    11-10-10 01:28 PM
    I would love to see an app so we can assign the top button as what ever we like i will use mine for berry slider right now im using the side one button, what was the camera some time before i wish i could change that button back to camera and put the top button as my locking button for berry slider.

with all the respect a CB user (:
    11-10-10 01:40 PM
    So then wouldn't it have been better if RIM just left the mute key as the standby and the lock key as the lock key lol ?
    11-10-10 01:47 PM
    I also find my Lock button uber sensitive so I downloaded Storm Slider from BB app world.
    Just like iphones have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 02:17 PM
    On ya'lls advice I dl'd the lite version of the pattern lock. Works AWESOME.

The thing I like is that I can activate it easily and when I want to.
    11-10-10 04:02 PM
    Pattern lock works for me.

11-10-10 04:03 PM
    I would love to see an app so we can assign the top button as what ever we like i will use mine for berry slider right now im using the side one button, what was the camera some time before i wish i could change that button back to camera and put the top button as my locking button for berry slider.

with all the respect a CB user (:
    Sorry to hijack this thread... but...

You should check out sixtools, allows you to reassign the top mute key and both volume keys as extra Shortcut keys. Best little unknown app there is.
    11-10-10 04:11 PM
    using berryslider.
    11-10-10 07:09 PM
    Is there an app that will put the phone into a password lock? Not a fan of all these patterns and sliding

11-10-10 07:28 PM
    Why not just enable the default password lock?
    11-10-10 07:33 PM
    Because I don't want the phone to lock at 1min or 2 minutes.. I want it to lock when I say It does. Next options is putting timer at 5-7mins but there are times which I only need my phone for less than 5 minutes buit more than 2... If I press the lock it just keyboard locks and sometimes goes off in my pocket since the button is easy to press.

I found an app called tinylock... You can make it pw lock once screen dims

11-10-10 11:07 PM
    Pattern Lock Pro
    11-11-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD