Now that the Torch has been out for a couple of months, what are some of the things people would put on the wish list for Torch II? (Please, don't turn this into a b$tch-fest about why you think the Torch sucks.)

My two Christmas stocking items would be:
    - a landscape keyboard, for a slew of reasons -- it's more comfortable than the portrait-oriented slide-out, and would allow for larger and better distinguishable keys; not to mention (as I've just learned recently) viewing and editing docs is much more easily done in landscape mode, where the virtual keyboard encroaches on valuable display real estate.
    - the BB and Back keys replicated somewhere on the touch screen. Screen touches and button pushes are two distinctly different actions which I find require re-orienting my grip to switch from one to the other.

Ok, one more: better integration with Macs. I know, I'm in the distinct minority being a Mac user, but I don't see that it would be that difficult to create an OS-X executable that works with the Mac version of DM as well as its Windows counterpart.

I'm still loving the Torch, and these are not things that will have me looking for a replacement any time soon ... just things that I think would further improve the user experience. Otherwise, I can't think of much else in the OS I'd want to change, the display is adequate, and the processor is up to the task -- although more ponies would always be welcome as long as they don't eat into battery life.

Let's hear your ideas.
    10-09-10 02:38 PM
    An improvement to me would be Sprint selling it.
    10-09-10 02:41 PM
    Lol, tmark beat me to it.....Verizon. Funny, I'm typing this from my dead Torch. Meaning, I dumped my torch last month, went back to Verizon...today I am wiping the phone and giving it to a relative, yet I can still log on cb.com via WiFi....and using the native browser. I thought the native browser didn't connect without a data plan, interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 03:00 PM
    The most important thing I would say is to make the bezel more durable. I detest having any kind of case on my berry but without it I dropped it and it fell about 3 feet on to the sidewalk and the front bezel looks like the Torch was put in a blender.
    10-09-10 03:24 PM
    I would like them to make the battery door sturdier. It wiggles a little now, especially after having to open it to change out my SD card a couple times and doing a battery pull.

Also, not to be beat a dead horse, but a higher res screen would be nice. Not bigger though, if it means making the device larger. They could however, squeeze in a few nudges, there is a lot of black space around the actual screen.

Another thing I would like is an up in processor speed. About an 800 MHz would do perfect. I think that would be a nice balance.

Furthermore, give us the option to remove/add some of this panels. The frequent, downloads and maybe even the media panels, aren't very necessary for my usage.

10-09-10 03:42 PM
    Convenience keys... Why is there only one? That's my biggest pet peeve.

Otherwise I'm happy with it.

10-09-10 03:55 PM
    A more reliable lock button...I think it's waaaay too sensitive and I've accidentally unlocked it just by slipping it into my back pocket and accidentally pressing (even lightly) against that button. I've never owned a touchscreen phone before and I'm now paranoid about buttdialing!

I'm also one of the ones who was disappointed a pouch wasn't included in the purchase...I like to be able to throw my phone into my purse without worrying it's going to get scratched up or accidentally dial someone. I'll be ordering one through Amazon as soon as I get twelve more Swagbucks...
    10-09-10 04:02 PM
    Ditto on the convenience keys!!!

10-09-10 04:12 PM
    1) Thinner/lighter
    2) Faster processor
    3) High def video
    4) MUCH refined "glitch free" operating system
    5) At least two convenience keys on the left side
    6) Slider style keyboard lock
    10-09-10 04:20 PM
    - Higher res display
    - Faster processor
    - 2 convenience keys
    - Front facing camera
    - 720p video
    - Send/menu/back/end keys like the Storm 2
    - Holster included in box
    - Better QC on the slider - seems to be all over the place out of the box, some tight units, some with a lot of wiggle.
    10-09-10 04:39 PM
    I'm also one of the ones who was disappointed a pouch wasn't included in the purchase...I like to be able to throw my phone into my purse without worrying it's going to get scratched up or accidentally dial someone. I'll be ordering one through Amazon as soon as I get twelve more Swagbucks...
    Well color me happy...maybe this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I just realized my leather pouch and leather holster with the magic sleep-mode magnets from my old Curve fit my Torch perfectly!!! YAY!
    10-09-10 04:46 PM
    Ability to add websites like wikipedia to universal search would be nice.

10-09-10 05:26 PM
    Faster processor
    Better screen resolution
    More memory
    2 convenance keys
    Colored number keys
    Extra speakers on side like the one on bold 9000
    HD video recording
    Front facing camera
    10-09-10 08:06 PM
    1. Screen resolution must match the iPhone
    2. Better screen font. The current fonts are not crisp at all.
    3. The screen "rocks" when the keyboad is closed. Some sort of rubber studs inserted should minimize the rock. A cheap solution that can improve the experience.
    4. Support of different gestures. I really miss using the keyboard shortcut.
    10-09-10 08:14 PM
    The Torch is a fail so far.

10-09-10 08:23 PM
    The Torch is a fail so far.

LULWUT??? do you even own one?? have you even tried one out yet??.
    Why do you think its a fail??

Funny how people just jump on something that a few people have issues with and automatically deem it a failure...hilarious but pathetic at the same time.

Ive just gone from a 9700 to a torch the other day...wasnt planning to get one tbh...was going to give it a miss because quite simply put im not a fan of slider phones...but my lovely fiancee saw to that because as an early bday present for me, she got me a brand new unlocked 9800 torch for alot of money...ive had mine since fri and yeh bar the few issues the thing rocks...i have a little wobble but its not the end all be all...i can live with that...geez my 9700 i had 6 of them before i found one i could live with...the other 5 had light leak problems along with a creaky trackpad. So the 9700 had plenty of build issues at the start.

But the best thing about the 9800 is OS6...pretty slick and yes sure RIM still have alot to do to catch up to say apple/Android but i dont think they are that bothered because they know their strengths and thats communication...ive had androids and i even have an iphone4...but i dont use it for communication purposes rather its a multi media device which it is simply the best at on the market right now.

The great thing i think about the 9800 is that RIM know how popular it is so id imagine the next version of it will truly rock the socks off.
    10-09-10 09:58 PM
    Android OS....Motorola keyboard.....sick hardware....stupid fast web.....yeah, nothing as thick as the torch.....god shoot me.
    10-09-10 10:18 PM
    LULWUT??? do you even own one?? have you even tried one out yet??.
    Why do you think its a fail??

Funny how people just jump on something that a few people have issues with and automatically deem it a failure...hilarious but pathetic at the same time.

Ive just gone from a 9700 to a torch the other day...wasnt planning to get one tbh...was going to give it a miss because quite simply put im not a fan of slider phones...but my lovely fiancee saw to that because as an early bday present for me, she got me a brand new unlocked 9800 torch for alot of money...ive had mine since fri and yeh bar the few issues the thing rocks...i have a little wobble but its not the end all be all...i can live with that...geez my 9700 i had 6 of them before i found one i could live with...the other 5 had light leak problems along with a creaky trackpad. So the 9700 had plenty of build issues at the start.

But the best thing about the 9800 is OS6...pretty slick and yes sure RIM still have alot to do to catch up to say apple/Android but i dont think they are that bothered because they know their strengths and thats communication...ive had androids and i even have an iphone4...but i dont use it for communication purposes rather its a multi media device which it is simply the best at on the market right now.

The great thing i think about the 9800 is that RIM know how popular it is so id imagine the next version of it will truly rock the socks off.
    Don't feed the troll - even though the OP specifically stated that they didn't want this thread into a Torch bashfest - Lazerus can't help her/himself.

A quick glance at their posts and you can tell that all he/she's been doing is bashing the Torch.
    10-09-10 10:40 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the smaller, dinner LED.. i can't see it when it's in the case, and it's not very bright .. so you can miss it completely in daylight.

I much prefer the bigger LED on my 8900
    10-10-10 12:04 AM
    1) smoother os
    2) bigger screen
    3) better screen res
    4) atleast one more convenience key
    5) throw in a case for crying out loud man!!! Blackberry's would always throw in a case. What happened???
    10-10-10 12:16 AM
    You guys have got to be a little more creative... "Faster", "better screen", "convenience key", etc... Come on... :P
    10-10-10 12:27 AM
    More of a google suggestion than a BB improvement - but double tap to zoom and pinch to zoom in google maps would be Amazing instead of having the zoom in/out on the screen. I find myself clicking on the screen while trying to drag the map, and it pops up the adress of where i clicked instead :S
    10-10-10 01:51 AM
    LOL. nearly every post states a faster processor and better screen res. Honestly do u think the device needs a faster processor? it runs quite fast as is and a faster processor would just mean worse battery life. personally i think the screen res is just fine, its not meant to watch HD video on. Blackberry have always and always will be meant for business purposes, this being said the torch bridges the gap between business and play, you dont need an ipod and a phone (although most people prolly still carry both since the torch isnt perfect on media), its form and function work flawlessly just the way they are. Yes i know theirs a few minor quirks with it but remember one thing... This is a first gen phone.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-10-10 at 07:20 AM.
    10-10-10 07:18 AM
    not so much a hardware improvement, but I would love if they would put a way to temporarily hide the virtual keyboard - sometimes it's a pain to fill online forms...
    10-10-10 07:40 AM
    - Higher res display
    - Faster processor
    - 2 convenience keys
    - Front facing camera
    - 720p video
    - Send/menu/back/end keys like the Storm 2
    - Holster included in box
    - Better QC on the slider - seems to be all over the place out of the box, some tight units, some with a lot of wiggle.
    Everything BBGuy said:
    - Minus the front facing camera
    + QNX based OS
    + Two speakers for media
    + 1gb of internal memory
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 10-10-10 at 08:29 AM.
    10-10-10 08:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD