The Torch will be coming out on Friday in Canada and I plan on picking one up.
    Before I do so though, I was wondering if a couple people could tell me what major issues I should be looking out for.

I only have 15 or 30 days to exchange it, so I want to make sure early that I don't have a defective device.

So, any issues in particular?

Thanks.
    09-22-10 10:59 PM
    Check the device for slider wiggle, make sure all the keys work properly and check for a squeaky bezel. Do not buy the case that has a slider. Neat idea but it loosened my slider after 4 days of use. This is after I inspected the device at the store and asked questions about the case causing wear over time. I exchanged the device and returned that case. Do not get a thick privacy screen protector as it will prevent the proximity sensor from working properly unless you notch it before you install it. The otterbox case and anti glare screen protectors should do ya fine.

After that software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 11:07 PM
    Hmm good to know

I don't understand what case you're telling me not to buy though, lol.

I was thinking of getting this case: Innocase Surface - Black for use with BlackBerry Torch 9800
    And this screen protector: Ultimate Screen Guard - Crystal Clear for use with BlackBerry Torch 9800

EDIT: So I've looked in to the screen protectors, and I'm stuck between BSE and Ghost Amor. Leaning more towards BSE simply because on the Ghost Armor site, they have it listed as the "Blackberry Tourch"....
    Last edited by PrimalYeti; 09-22-10 at 11:31 PM.
    09-22-10 11:10 PM
    Be sure to watch out for button panels that are loose. The four buttons around the trackpad may come loose on some Torches. The case with a slider shansmi said to avoid is the AGF GRT case which has it's own sliding mechanism so it attaches to itself around the phone and not the Torch itself. I don't know too much about screen protectors other than they may be hit or miss on the Torch. They may serve their purpose just fine, but it may prevent the proximity sensor from working properly if its too thick.
    09-23-10 12:00 AM
    Hmm good to know

I don't understand what case you're telling me not to buy though, lol.

I was thinking of getting this case: Innocase Surface - Black for use with BlackBerry Torch 9800
    And this screen protector: Ultimate Screen Guard - Crystal Clear for use with BlackBerry Torch 9800

EDIT: So I've looked in to the screen protectors, and I'm stuck between BSE and Ghost Amor. Leaning more towards BSE simply because on the Ghost Armor site, they have it listed as the "Blackberry Tourch"....
    As ugly as their site can be, plenty of people here have said Ghost Armor is really good. Plenty like BSE, too.
    09-23-10 12:04 AM
    So check out for a wiggle and loose buttons under the screen.
    I guess those are pretty much the only hardware related issues?

Everything else can be solved via an OS update

How much of a "wiggle" is considered bad by the way? I'm sure all Torchs have a little wiggle.
    09-23-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD